black ink not printing

I have just installed a new colour and a new black ink cartridge into my
Epson C42+ printer. Its showing on screen as having a full black ink but it
wont print black, leaves the black text unprinted. Any help greatly
appreciated.
Lindsay

Run a cleaning and maintenance cycle as per the printer manual.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Lindsay MacLeod" <lindsay@macleod8327.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have just installed a new colour and a new black ink cartridge into my
> Epson C42+ printer. Its showing on screen as having a full black ink but
> it
> wont print black, leaves the black text unprinted. Any help greatly
> appreciated.
> Lindsay

Byte

In addition to Cari's response, check the printer cartridge that you have
removed the cellophane covering from the print head.

"Lindsay MacLeod" wrote:

> I have just installed a new colour and a new black ink cartridge into my
> Epson C42+ printer. Its showing on screen as having a full black ink but it
> wont print black, leaves the black text unprinted. Any help greatly
> appreciated.
> Lindsay

Shawn

Lindsay, I am having the same problem with my cannon s600. Did you find a
solution to the problem?
-Shawn

"Lindsay MacLeod" wrote:

> I have just installed a new colour and a new black ink cartridge into my
> Epson C42+ printer. Its showing on screen as having a full black ink but it
> wont print black, leaves the black text unprinted. Any help greatly
> appreciated.
> Lindsay

If it's a Canon it may well need a new print head.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Shawn" <Shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Lindsay, I am having the same problem with my cannon s600. Did you find a
> solution to the problem?
> -Shawn

Shawn

Yes, its a Canon, however my issue applies only to text. Photos come out
just fine.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> If it's a Canon it may well need a new print head.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "Shawn" <Shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Lindsay, I am having the same problem with my cannon s600. Did you find a
> > solution to the problem?
> > -Shawn

With a Canon printer it's often just one ink tank that is affected.