Problem with Graphics card?

Powka

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Hey there,

Every second game that I load can't be played due to graphics acting all weird. I use laptop and a second monitor, and every time I try to play on a second monitor, it looks like this (see below). I'm not sure if its the monitor, I think it might be graphics card, but I don't know. Any ideas what it is?

Also, not only the game appears with these pixels and everything, it also goes black every 5 seconds, and then back again, and black again, and just keeps doing it while I'm in the game. And this happens with games ONLY - not all of them, only about half.

This is how it looks like (had to take a pic with a camera, because print screen doesn't capture it for some reason)

img1226hu.jpg

Powka

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Sorry I didn't know that Forum doesn't scale the image, and I'm not allowed to edit.

Also, I use GeForce GT 650M

Powka

Honorable
May 4, 2012

That is a picture, because I can't take a screenshot. Every time I try to take a screenshot, only black screen is being saved. But the picture shows exactly what I see when I load the game on my second monitor; this doesn't happen when I load the game on my laptop's monitor, just on the separate monitor that is plugged into laptop.

Powka

Honorable
May 4, 2012

No, I haven't done anything to the card. I bought the laptop with this GT 650M about a month ago, so it's a new one. How do I know for sure that it's going bad?

Powka

Honorable
May 4, 2012

For some reason, it doesn't capture when this is happening. It's working fine when on laptop, but not when those artifacts appear.

Powka

Honorable
May 4, 2012

For some reason, it doesn't capture when this is happening. It's working fine when on laptop, but not when those artifacts appear.

Powka

Honorable
May 4, 2012
No, I mean the screenshot doesn't show the game at all. It takes a double-screenshot where first screen (laptop) desktop is visible, but second screen (monitor) is just black space. So I can't really take a screenshot.

I've just noticed that about half of the games are having this issue.

Powka

Honorable
May 4, 2012

I responded to this above. Fraps don't capture it either, they don't "understand" that the game is on, unless it's on laptop's screen. Weird.

Powka

Honorable
May 4, 2012

I responded to this above. Fraps don't capture it either, they don't "understand" that the game is on, unless it's on laptop's screen. Weird.