I need help

March 7, 2005 8:11:04 PM

I've got a DPC Typhoon 8 printer and it won't print. It says error and "Paper
entry Jam"
I don't know where to put in the papers? Does someone know?

More about : question

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:55:57 AM

Ivory wrote:
> I've got a DPC Typhoon 8 printer and it won't print. It says error
> and "Paper entry Jam"
> I don't know where to put in the papers? Does someone know?

You sure do need help, unfortunately it's not the kind of help anyone here
can give you! RTFM.
on salads.
March 8, 2005 12:35:09 PM

If all else fails, READ INSTRUCTIONS. Did the printer come with a manual
or a CD with Text to assist in the installation? You may be putting too much
paper in the tray causing a jam.

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> Ivory wrote:
> > I've got a DPC Typhoon 8 printer and it won't print. It says error
> > and "Paper entry Jam"
> > I don't know where to put in the papers? Does someone know?
>

> You sure do need help, unfortunately it's not the kind of help anyone here
> can give you! RTFM.
> --
> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> on salads.

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:41:41 PM

The DPC Typhoon 8, I think, is almost a clone of the HP LaserJet Series II
and almost as old.

The fix for this problem is to replace the pickup roller assembly. The
paper tray fits into a slot on the front of the device.

As a temporary solution to the problem remove the paper tray (it's the one
sticking out of the front unless the tray is missing, but that should
generate another error). Remove the pickup roller and clean it or use sand
paper to roughen it up if it is slick. If you cannot remove the roller
easily and you have a small hand you can attempt to service the roller while
still in the device.

If you are uncomfortable with either option, you should call a service
professional.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team