all installed printers missing and add/ remove wizard not ..

a b D Laptop
March 8, 2005 9:19:06 AM

users laptop had previously several printers now they are not visible
add/remove printer wizard not working
tried sfc / scannow but still problem
tried adding with a disk a new printer which it says it did
but this new one also not visible.
March 8, 2005 12:41:14 PM

"Previously", how long ago? You can try a system Restore, you can go back
up to 90 days. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System
Restore. Click on a bold date to before your printers became "invisible".

"webtrekkers" wrote:

> users laptop had previously several printers now they are not visible
> add/remove printer wizard not working
> tried sfc / scannow but still problem
> tried adding with a disk a new printer which it says it did
> but this new one also not visible.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 8, 2005 1:09:02 PM

will try this thanks for your advice

Gary

"Byte" wrote:

> "Previously", how long ago? You can try a system Restore, you can go back
> up to 90 days. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System
> Restore. Click on a bold date to before your printers became "invisible".
>

> "webtrekkers" wrote:
>
> > users laptop had previously several printers now they are not visible
> > add/remove printer wizard not working
> > tried sfc / scannow but still problem
> > tried adding with a disk a new printer which it says it did
> > but this new one also not visible.
a b D Laptop
March 8, 2005 3:49:34 PM

Printer Spooler seems to have stopped..... start it.

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"webtrekkers" <webtrekkers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> users laptop had previously several printers now they are not visible
> add/remove printer wizard not working
> tried sfc / scannow but still problem
> tried adding with a disk a new printer which it says it did
> but this new one also not visible.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 9, 2005 2:43:01 AM

Hi Cari,
I'm having the same problem.
When I try to start the net spooler, I get a message that "The Service Name
is Invalid"
Any ideas? This is nuts. I was away for teh weekend, my system was off, and
when I bootedf up, none of my printers are available.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Printer Spooler seems to have stopped..... start it.
>
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> "webtrekkers" <webtrekkers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > users laptop had previously several printers now they are not visible
> > add/remove printer wizard not working
> > tried sfc / scannow but still problem
> > tried adding with a disk a new printer which it says it did
> > but this new one also not visible.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 9, 2005 2:38:29 PM

The Net Spooler? In your case you probably want to try a System Restore
point to before Friday and see if that solves the problem.
www.coribright.com

"Fotog4" <Fotog4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Cari,
> I'm having the same problem.
> When I try to start the net spooler, I get a message that "The Service
> Name
> is Invalid"
> Any ideas? This is nuts. I was away for teh weekend, my system was off,
> and
> when I bootedf up, none of my printers are available.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 10, 2005 9:37:02 AM

Tried it and nothing, anything else?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> The Net Spooler? In your case you probably want to try a System Restore
> point to before Friday and see if that solves the problem.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Fotog4" <Fotog4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Cari,
> > I'm having the same problem.
> > When I try to start the net spooler, I get a message that "The Service
> > Name
> > is Invalid"
> > Any ideas? This is nuts. I was away for teh weekend, my system was off,
> > and
> > when I bootedf up, none of my printers are available.

March 10, 2005 10:57:01 AM

Try the following:
Start>Run>type "NET Start spooler" (without quotes)
Click OK

"Fotog4" wrote:

> Tried it and nothing, anything else?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > The Net Spooler? In your case you probably want to try a System Restore
> > point to before Friday and see if that solves the problem.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "Fotog4" <Fotog4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Cari,
> > > I'm having the same problem.
> > > When I try to start the net spooler, I get a message that "The Service
> > > Name
> > > is Invalid"
> > > Any ideas? This is nuts. I was away for teh weekend, my system was off,
> > > and
> > > when I bootedf up, none of my printers are available.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 10, 2005 11:53:03 AM

Still nothing.
The Print Spooler won't start, it's not even listed in my available
service......

I'M DYING HERE...........

ARRGGGHHHH

"Byte" wrote:

> Try the following:
> Start>Run>type "NET Start spooler" (without quotes)
> Click OK
>
> "Fotog4" wrote:
>
> > Tried it and nothing, anything else?
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > The Net Spooler? In your case you probably want to try a System Restore
> > > point to before Friday and see if that solves the problem.
> > > --
> > > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> > > www.coribright.com
> > >
> > > "Fotog4" <Fotog4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 10, 2005 1:51:39 PM

If it's not even listed then I'm afraid it's time for a Repair Installation.
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

> Still nothing.
> The Print Spooler won't start, it's not even listed in my available
> service......
>
> I'M DYING HERE...........
>
> ARRGGGHHHH
>

> "Byte" wrote:
>
>> Try the following:
>> Start>Run>type "NET Start spooler" (without quotes)
>> Click OK
>>
>> "Fotog4" wrote:
>>
>> > Tried it and nothing, anything else?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 11, 2005 10:23:02 AM

Thanks Cari for all your help. I did indeed have to do a reinstall repair.
I hate it when that happens.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> If it's not even listed then I'm afraid it's time for a Repair Installation.
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "Fotog4" <Fotog4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Still nothing.
> > The Print Spooler won't start, it's not even listed in my available
> > service......
> >
> > I'M DYING HERE...........
> >
> > ARRGGGHHHH
> >

> > "Byte" wrote:
> >
> >> Try the following:
> >> Start>Run>type "NET Start spooler" (without quotes)
> >> Click OK

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 13, 2005 1:57:16 PM