Installing Fax in XP Home

I have Windows Home Xp with SP@ installed. I at one time was able to receive
a Fax , now I can't .I am able to send a fax out . Can some one tell me how
to go about installing the program for receiving Faxes? I am a new user and I
tried the bit of going to Control Panel and the Add/ Remove process but after
that I am totally lost. I do not want to add a fax MACHINE to this computer
, just to be able to receive either manually or direct to the printer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks . Moe
,
2 answers Last reply
More about installing home

    I'm not sure reinstalling the program will help if it was already installed.
    Do you have any idea what disabled your ability to receive faxes? What
    happens?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "moe103" <moe103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows Home Xp with SP@ installed. I at one time was able to
    >receive
    > a Fax , now I can't .I am able to send a fax out . Can some one tell me
    > how
    > to go about installing the program for receiving Faxes? I am a new user
    > and I
    > tried the bit of going to Control Panel and the Add/ Remove process but
    > after
    > that I am totally lost. I do not want to add a fax MACHINE to this
    > computer
    > , just to be able to receive either manually or direct to the printer.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks . Moe
    > ,

    Go into the Fax console and set to receive faxes.. for some reason, this
    does not set as default..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "moe103" <moe103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows Home Xp with SP@ installed. I at one time was able to
    >receive
    > a Fax , now I can't .I am able to send a fax out . Can some one tell me
    > how
    > to go about installing the program for receiving Faxes? I am a new user
    > and I
    > tried the bit of going to Control Panel and the Add/ Remove process but
    > after
    > that I am totally lost. I do not want to add a fax MACHINE to this
    > computer
    > , just to be able to receive either manually or direct to the printer.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks . Moe
    > ,

Fax Windows XP