Installing Fax in XP Home

March 9, 2005 5:17:04 PM

I have Windows Home Xp with SP@ installed. I at one time was able to receive
a Fax , now I can't .I am able to send a fax out . Can some one tell me how
to go about installing the program for receiving Faxes? I am a new user and I
tried the bit of going to Control Panel and the Add/ Remove process but after
that I am totally lost. I do not want to add a fax MACHINE to this computer
, just to be able to receive either manually or direct to the printer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks . Moe
,

More about : installing fax home

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 9:21:56 PM

I'm not sure reinstalling the program will help if it was already installed.
Do you have any idea what disabled your ability to receive faxes? What
happens?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"moe103" <moe103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Home Xp with SP@ installed. I at one time was able to
>receive
> a Fax , now I can't .I am able to send a fax out . Can some one tell me
> how
> to go about installing the program for receiving Faxes? I am a new user
> and I
> tried the bit of going to Control Panel and the Add/ Remove process but
> after
> that I am totally lost. I do not want to add a fax MACHINE to this
> computer
> , just to be able to receive either manually or direct to the printer.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks . Moe
> ,
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 1:45:50 AM

Go into the Fax console and set to receive faxes.. for some reason, this
does not set as default..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user