Backup or copy Fax Console faxes

March 10, 2005 11:28:53 AM

Windows XP SP2

I have a lot of faxes sitting in the Fax Console "Sent" box

How do I back them up without saving each one individually?

(I think someone told me recently, and I did it, but now I can't find them.)

Thanks.
Ken
March 10, 2005 11:28:54 AM

Highlight the first one by clicking on it, then hold down the Shift key
and click the last one. This should highlight the entire listing. Now
rightclick anyone of the highlighted items and click Save and that will
save the entire listing, etc.

"Ken Isaacson" wrote:

> Windows XP SP2
>
> I have a lot of faxes sitting in the Fax Console "Sent" box
>
> How do I back them up without saving each one individually?
>
> (I think someone told me recently, and I did it, but now I can't find them.)
>
> Thanks.
> Ken

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:01:12 PM

Faxes you have received are automatically archived in the Fax Console's
Inbox and faxes you have sent are archived in the Fax Console's Sent Items
Folder. You can easily access and save these folders from Windows Explorer.
The default location of these folders is:

<drive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows
NT\MSFax\

Simply copy their contents to a new location to back them up.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

!