old motherboard bios issue

pc2_c

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2002
hi

i have a old intel motherboard which loses systematically its bios parameters. i believe i have just to change the battery but is it like a watch battery or something else?

thanks

LonMax

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2002
It is just like a watch battery..... depending on the make and model it will be a different type and size. Watches do have less types and sizes though..... will be a AA or 9V if you have an old PC and are lucky. I had a 133 motherboard once that I actually stared at for over a total of an hour and could not figure out where the batter was..... took it to other techs and they were stumped also....

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
As Lonmax said it's pretty standard. Just take it with you and buy a similar one (same voltage of course)

<b>(<font color=yellow>as good as it looks</font color=yellow>)</b>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
cr2032 is the battery i believe. unless it uses the REALLY old real time clock battery that connected to the motherboard with a two pin connection, like that on a pc speaker. but, i am pretty sure that you dont have one of those, and it is basically a small disc, like a watch battery, but thinner, and much larger in diameter.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-