Incoming,_the_last_

After all the denial, finally, at last, another merger, in the end.

On June 30th, 2005 the last (hardcore?) brits, frogs, krauts (and
various other assorted junk) from Venril Sathir, Sebilis and Kael
Drakkal are released from the grasp of UbiSoft and unleashed unto the
unsuspecting crowd of Antonius Bayle.

To make up for the time of fear, uncertainty, doubt and the name
calling between UbiSoft and SOE about who was to blame for the delayed
patches, empty newbie zones and bazaar and the missing entries in the
LFG window, we´ll get 30 free days of EQ, all expansions free upto and
including OoW (we didn´t receive DoN until the very end so why should
we get it for free now), and a 30 day account subscription key for
EQII to give the last players who have not already left EQ an
incentive to do so now.

Some moan, but it seems most regard this move as a positive one.
Though some will surely miss the spirit and nice and helpful support
people on our servers (this time NO pun intended), and will have
problems with a language that some of us are barely able to comprehend
because it is so barbaric, i guess nobody will miss the translation
errors, delayed expansions and the waning numbers.
But if they really do, there is always EQII to try out :p

I, for one, welcome our new American masters. We can learn so much
from other cultures. Did you know in India the women protest by
setting themselves on fire? I tell you, next time the kids are
screaming for ice cream and pop, I may just douse myself in kerosene.

I´m looking forward to see you soon on a server near you!

--
(Still) On Kael Drakkal in <Die Gefährten von Norrath>
Sage Lunovus Noctamor, Highelf Mage of 65 seasons

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:18:35 +0200, Andre Weihe <andreweihe@gmx.de>
wrote:

>After all the denial, finally, at last, another merger, in the end.
>
>On June 30th, 2005 the last (hardcore?) brits, frogs, krauts (and
>various other assorted junk) from Venril Sathir, Sebilis and Kael
>Drakkal are released from the grasp of UbiSoft and unleashed unto the
>unsuspecting crowd of Antonius Bayle.
>
>To make up for the time of fear, uncertainty, doubt and the name
>calling between UbiSoft and SOE about who was to blame for the delayed
>patches, empty newbie zones and bazaar and the missing entries in the
>LFG window, we´ll get 30 free days of EQ, all expansions free upto and
>including OoW (we didn´t receive DoN until the very end so why should
>we get it for free now), and a 30 day account subscription key for
>EQII to give the last players who have not already left EQ an
>incentive to do so now.
>
>Some moan, but it seems most regard this move as a positive one.
>Though some will surely miss the spirit and nice and helpful support
>people on our servers (this time NO pun intended), and will have
>problems with a language that some of us are barely able to comprehend
>because it is so barbaric, i guess nobody will miss the translation
>errors, delayed expansions and the waning numbers.
>But if they really do, there is always EQII to try out :p
>
>I, for one, welcome our new American masters. We can learn so much
>from other cultures. Did you know in India the women protest by
>setting themselves on fire? I tell you, next time the kids are
>screaming for ice cream and pop, I may just douse myself in kerosene.
>
>I´m looking forward to see you soon on a server near you!

There are mostly European players on AB,the majority is from the UK,
its physically located in Paris.
I am glad we get some more folks.

Mheldur 65 Cleric

Andre Weihe <andreweihe@gmx.de> writes:
> After all the denial, finally, at last, another merger, in the end.
>
> On June 30th, 2005 the last (hardcore?) brits, frogs, krauts (and
> various other assorted junk) from Venril Sathir, Sebilis and Kael
> Drakkal are released from the grasp of UbiSoft and unleashed unto the
> unsuspecting crowd of Antonius Bayle.

I didn't see anything in the official announcement warning people
about the merger process. Does the UbiSoft arrangement let players
have characters on more than one server? If so, you'll need to be
careful to clear out all but one shared bank beforehand.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 55 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 20 on E. Marr