I have a new version of slashem that I am developing, but I am stuck on a few things and asking at sourceforge is getting no replies so Ill post here.
I have some new spheres and I still can't figure out how to get them to specialdamage the character.
shock sphere works because it was already there, but...
I made some new sphere monsters.
1. gas sphere probably need to just add somewhere the possibility of characters' weapon/armor/items being corroded
(monsters DO get this damage on their items but not characters)
2. slumber spheres do NOT put the character to sleep atexplode but DO put monsters to sleep.
3. confusing spheres do NOT get the character confused atexplode but DO get monsters confused.
4. void spheres do NOT teleport the character atexplode but DO teleport monsters
5. poison spheres do NOT poison characters atexplode but DO poison monsters
ALL spheres do damage just not special damage.
So my question is this:
Where is it (in the sourcefiles) that special damage to characters from flame/freeze/shock spheres is handled and can I just add lines of code there to get the other spheres' to work?
So in nethack/slashem if you polyself and genocide your race and then quit it will tell you quit while on charon's boat.
Is that an actual monster and ms_ferry is a part of that routine of the poly'ed quit?
Or is Charon just an extra unused monster like Bilbo Baggins and Smaug?
..and if I use charon in a special room and change ms_ferry to ms_bribe will it mess things up in the code?
and Question #3
If I were to genocide humans it would automaticly block me from genociding my quest leader or shopkeepers or etc
But what if my nemesis or a unique named monster in a new quest was a Lich or a Nymph or a Mumak even. Would the game automatically block genocide or would I need to use one of the flags in monst.c to insure that you cannot genocide it?