Compaq Presario 7461 - ECC memory?

Can this model of Compaq use ECC memory? I ask only because there is a lot
of it about!

Also, what CL should I use? CL2 or CL3?

Thanks,
Paul DS.

--
Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.

hh

Nope. Standard PC100 DIMMs only.
HH

"Paul D.Smith" <paul_d_smith@x-hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can this model of Compaq use ECC memory? I ask only because there is a
> lot
> of it about!
>
> Also, what CL should I use? CL2 or CL3?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul DS.
>
> --
> Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.

Thanks for the response re ECC. Any ideal about the CL2/CL3 question? The
specs mention "Intel-4" but I don't know whether this is related or not!

Paul DS

hh

Most likely either would work. I doubt the PC is fast enough to really take
advantage of the lower latency RAM.