Compaq Presario 7461 - ECC memory?

Can this model of Compaq use ECC memory? I ask only because there is a lot
of it about!

Also, what CL should I use? CL2 or CL3?

Thanks,
Paul DS.

--
Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.
3 answers Last reply

    Nope. Standard PC100 DIMMs only.
    HH

    "Paul D.Smith" <paul_d_smith@x-hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can this model of Compaq use ECC memory? I ask only because there is a
    > lot
    > of it about!
    >
    > Also, what CL should I use? CL2 or CL3?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paul DS.
    >
    > --
    > Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.

    Thanks for the response re ECC. Any ideal about the CL2/CL3 question? The
    specs mention "Intel-4" but I don't know whether this is related or not!

    Paul DS

    Most likely either would work. I doubt the PC is fast enough to really take
    advantage of the lower latency RAM.

    > Thanks for the response re ECC. Any ideal about the CL2/CL3 question?
    > The
    > specs mention "Intel-4" but I don't know whether this is related or not!
    >
    > Paul DS

Compaq Presario Memory Computers