Error: no printer installed

My Mom recently installed a new HP All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier.
Yesterday she was printing and scanning just fine when suddenly the printer
stopped and she got an error message that said "there is no printer installed
on this computer." She tried to print some more things but nothing happened.
Then suddenly the printer/scanner started working again! This cycle is
repeating itself over and over. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
--
Cherie

Hello Cheri,
You might try unistalling the printer then reinstallling with the
software when the wizard asks for it. Can you open the properties box for
the printer?