dot matrix printer

March 13, 2005 2:25:32 AM

I'm a Windows XP and VS.net newbie, so be gentle. I like my listings on
fanfold paper for debugging, so I bought an Oki ML391turbo dot matrix
printer. I hooked it up and everything works great except that when I print
out listings from within VS, it sends out printer formatting
commands that are incompatible with the printer in spite of loading the
correct driver for the printer. They override the internal setup of the
printer. Actually, it may not be VS, but Windows itself, since the same
thing happens when I go to the Printers and Faxes screen and print a test
page to the printer. There may be some sort of default formatting coming
from Windows. In any event, unless I can find a way to make these tools
act right with my printer, then I've wasted several hundred dollars. This
would be, in my opinion, a serious flaw in
a tool as sophisticated as Windows or VS. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
P.S. I did a hex dump of the output from VS and there are some ESC
sequences at the first that are what is screwing up my printer. Is there
any way to find out the definition of these ESC sequences and where they
come from? Whose emulation they fit?

More about : dot matrix printer

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 4:30:27 PM

what printer driver are you using? That should tell you the emulation (ie
ibm proprinter, epson)

!