incorrect parameters

I have tried installing two different Epson printers and a Lexmark printer
with the identical result. The hardware is found, the drivers at least start
to install (I don't know if they finish) and i get an error message that
says installation could not be completed because of an incorrect parameter.
2 answers Last reply
More about incorrect parameters

    Install software BEFORE connecting printer to PC.

    Now you'll have to correctly uninstall and reinstall.
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Rastazed" <Rastazed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have tried installing two different Epson printers and a Lexmark printer
    > with the identical result. The hardware is found, the drivers at least
    > start
    > to install (I don't know if they finish) and i get an error message that
    > says installation could not be completed because of an incorrect
    > parameter.

    Followed the instructions in the article with no success. The driver files
    copied and the software began to install before it quit and gave me the
    incorrect parameter message. The driver I downloadd from Lexmark had me hook
    up the printer before anything would go at all and had me use the disk that
    came with the printer.
    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Install software BEFORE connecting printer to PC.
    >
    > Now you'll have to correctly uninstall and reinstall.
    > http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >
    > In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    >
    > "Rastazed" <Rastazed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have tried installing two different Epson printers and a Lexmark printer
    > > with the identical result. The hardware is found, the drivers at least
    > > start
    > > to install (I don't know if they finish) and i get an error message that
    > > says installation could not be completed because of an incorrect
    > > parameter.

Printers Windows XP