Drivers

I am looking for drivers for a compaq SD-612B DVD-ROM for Windows ME. I have
looked in a number of driver sites and also the Compaq website. The only
driver I can find is for XP.

if anyone knows where it find this I would be grateful.

Papa

"PAPA56" <janet.bill@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I am looking for drivers for a compaq SD-612B DVD-ROM for Windows
>ME. I have
> looked in a number of driver sites and also the Compaq website.
> The only
> driver I can find is for XP.
>
> if anyone knows where it find this I would be grateful.
>
> Papa

Drivers for optical drives have been built into the operating system
since Windows 98. Only nonstandard drives require drivers.
Sometimes you lose functionality when certain CD writing programs
are removed. That has to do with filter settings in the Registry.

--
Earl F. Parrish