How do I turn off the ringer on my computer?
When my phone line rings, my computrer rings to. I want to turn it off or
lower it without having to mute the entire system.
Thanks.

nestor@riotourexpert.com

cheryl

You can go into control panel, phone and modem options, click on modems,
properties, modem, speaker volume, and slide it to off.

I hope this helps.

"nestor@riotourexpert.com"
<nestor@riotourexpert.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I turn off the ringer on my computer?
> When my phone line rings, my computrer rings to. I want to turn it off or
> lower it without having to mute the entire system.
> Thanks.
>
> nestor@riotourexpert.com

If your modem came with its own support program, the setting may well be
contained there..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user