Access denied to printers on w2k machines

We have 2 machines running XP pro on a network with 2003 servers and a number
of Win 2k Pro workstations. The XP machines can print to a printer on the
server but get "access denied" when trying to connect to printers on the w2k
machines. All other machines can print to all printers.

The same domain-wide group policy is applied to all machines.

Any help would be appreciated

can the client still print yet show Access Denied in the queue view? Also,
if all your Win2k machines are Pro there is a limit to 10 connections

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Robert J" <RobertJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have 2 machines running XP pro on a network with 2003 servers and a
number
> of Win 2k Pro workstations. The XP machines can print to a printer on the
> server but get "access denied" when trying to connect to printers on the
w2k
> machines. All other machines can print to all printers.
>
> The same domain-wide group policy is applied to all machines.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

No, we can not connect to the printers at all.

There are a total of 4 printers on Win2k machines and one on a 2003 server
that can be accessed without problems from the XP machine. All printers are
accessible from the 2003 server machine and any of the w2k pro machines.