Brand new computer crashes whenever games are played

Just bought a new computer that crashes 10-30 seconds after getting into a game. It does not crash on the load or anything, once the game play actually starts the graphics begin flashing and then goes into a blank grey or vertical striped frozen screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL, etc, does nothing.

Windows 7
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Z77 Crossfire
Intel i5 3570 3.4ghz LGA 1155
Radeon 7859
2x8 GB ddr3 pc 1333
800 watt power

I tried updating chipset and video card drivers, updating BIOS, and reformating Windows 7 to try it all again. Nothing has helped. The manufacturer sent it with a "10% overclock" that I believe I reset. I don't have another desktop to try any of the hardware in.

I just don't know what else to do. Everything else works fine until I try to run any intense graphics on it, when it just craps out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about brand computer crashes games played
  1. Open up your PC and Check whether the 6-pin power connector is plugged in from the power supply to the graphics card. It really looks like the card isn't getting enough power.
  2. I was finally able to get a hold of the manufacturer's tech support. After trying the video card in another slot and still failing, they think it is a bad card. They're sending me a new one, I just didn't want to accept having to wait another week for it to ship.

Thanks for the help, hopefully the new card works.
  3. So do I. Report your results!
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Computers Games Video Games