Black text printing

Black text will not print, other color (i.e.red) text prints, as well as
graphics. I am a new XP user (XP home, SP2), running a new machine. cannon
S-600 printer loaded with lastest XP driver from cannon.
All new inks, this is not a black ink cartridge problem as black ink will
print on test page.
This occurs when printing from any application, Outlook, Notepad, Word.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about black text printing

    Have you contacted Canon's tech support for printers?
    Canon USA Consumer Products - Support - S600 - Service Locator

    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ServiceLocatorAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=7096

    "Shawn" wrote:

    > Black text will not print, other color (i.e.red) text prints, as well as
    > graphics. I am a new XP user (XP home, SP2), running a new machine. cannon
    > S-600 printer loaded with lastest XP driver from cannon.
    > All new inks, this is not a black ink cartridge problem as black ink will
    > print on test page.
    > This occurs when printing from any application, Outlook, Notepad, Word.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > thanks,

    Not as of yet. I did have used this printer on my old system (win2000) with
    no issues.

    "Byte" wrote:

    > Have you contacted Canon's tech support for printers?
    > Canon USA Consumer Products - Support - S600 - Service Locator
    >
    > http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ServiceLocatorAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=7096
    >
    > "Shawn" wrote:
    >
    > > Black text will not print, other color (i.e.red) text prints, as well as
    > > graphics. I am a new XP user (XP home, SP2), running a new machine. cannon
    > > S-600 printer loaded with lastest XP driver from cannon.
    > > All new inks, this is not a black ink cartridge problem as black ink will
    > > print on test page.
    > > This occurs when printing from any application, Outlook, Notepad, Word.
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > > thanks,

Microsoft Windows XP