Cingular - Unlimited Mobile 2 Mobile?

Last response: in Network Providers
April 13, 2004 9:54:54 PM

My wife & I just signed a 2 year contract with Cingular. Part of the
contract called for 5000 minutes M2M and 5000 night & weekend minutes.

BUT, we both got a text message From: 1111509099 date&time stamped 12:48 pm
04/10/04 which reads: "Starting in April, you will have UNLIMITED Mobile to
Mobile calling. No change to your monthly cost or service agreement, just
extra minutes for you!

Anyone else get this?
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 5:56:48 AM

In article <vh2p70hi76ntjvmtq17sbnbiq0ehkl9ldo@4ax.com>,
4th.width@home.com wrote:

> My wife & I just signed a 2 year contract with Cingular. Part of the
> contract called for 5000 minutes M2M and 5000 night & weekend minutes.
>
> BUT, we both got a text message From: 1111509099 date&time stamped 12:48 pm
> 04/10/04 which reads: "Starting in April, you will have UNLIMITED Mobile to
> Mobile calling. No change to your monthly cost or service agreement, just
> extra minutes for you!
>
> Anyone else get this?

My son did, but I didn't, and we share an account. We are in NC.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 6:57:05 AM

I got the message and they are full of shiat.

5000 minutes is already unlimited. If they feel generous they should match
ATT anytimes minutes.

--
http://iBuyMinis.Us
-------------------------------

<4th.width@home.com> wrote in message
> My wife & I just signed a 2 year contract with Cingular. Part of the
> contract called for 5000 minutes M2M and 5000 night & weekend minutes.
>
> BUT, we both got a text message From: 1111509099 date&time stamped 12:48
pm
> 04/10/04 which reads: "Starting in April, you will have UNLIMITED Mobile
> Mobile calling. No change to your monthly cost or service agreement, just
> extra minutes for you!
>
> Anyone else get this?

Related resources
April 20, 2004 1:25:08 PM

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 02:57:05 GMT, "iBuyMinis.Us"
<flymini@ibuyminis.us(remove)> wrote:

>I got the message and they are full of shiat.
>
>5000 minutes is already unlimited. If they feel generous they should match
>ATT anytimes minutes.

Why would they do that when they own AT&T Wireless?
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 11:08:13 PM

> >5000 minutes is already unlimited.

I've heard other people say this-

Question:

If there is 43,200 Minutes in a 30-day period-

Just how can 5,000 minutes be termed "Unlimited"?
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 3:28:23 AM

In article <41ihc.36120$Yw5.33683@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,
"Paw-Paw" <Paw-Paw@granpa.com> wrote:

> > >5000 minutes is already unlimited.
>
> I've heard other people say this-
>
> Question:
>
> If there is 43,200 Minutes in a 30-day period-
>
> Just how can 5,000 minutes be termed "Unlimited"?

Cause it's more than enough for 99+% of users.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 3:28:24 AM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> > I've heard other people say this-
> >
> > Question:
> >
> > If there is 43,200 Minutes in a 30-day period-
> >
> > Just how can 5,000 minutes be termed "Unlimited"?
>
> Cause it's more than enough for 99+% of users.

That may be-

However, that is Limited to 5,000 minutes :-)

that's ~ 83 hours out of 720.

I use over 200 hours on my Land Line for Internet every 30 days.

Unlimited for a 30 day period would be 43,200 Minutes.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 6:55:30 AM

Okay let's do this.

Show me a bill that shows someone (a regular schmoe not some business
scheme) going over there 5000 minutes and I will eat my shoe. I will send
you video tape proof or do it live over the web.

Okay?

--
http://AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

"Paw-Paw" <Paw-Paw@granpa.com> wrote in message
> > >5000 minutes is already unlimited.
>
> I've heard other people say this-
>
> Question:
>
> If there is 43,200 Minutes in a 30-day period-
>
> Just how can 5,000 minutes be termed "Unlimited"?

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 10:50:24 PM

In article <Colhc.15702$Aq.10836@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>,
flymini@ibuyminis.us says...
> Okay let's do this.
>
> Show me a bill that shows someone (a regular schmoe not some business
> scheme) going over there 5000 minutes and I will eat my shoe. I will send
> you video tape proof or do it live over the web.
>
> Okay?

Might want to exclude NYC cab drivers from that or get ready to eat the
leather. There was a discussion about them here a few months ago.
They've moved to cell phones for their intra-car chatting and pretty
much stay on the phone for an entire 10 hour nightly shift talking right
thru fairs. Say 9 hours x 60 x 25 days = 13500 minutes out of either or
both N&W or M2M. Great deal for the cabbies--bad deal for the carriers
and other customers who have to pay higher rates due to equip &
maintenance required for what was intended to be slack time. I wouldn't
be surprised to see NYC and maybe other big cities drop free N&W and M2M
due to this, or at least require those users to switch to a business
plan.
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

In article <MPG.1af07ed9b4004b34989746@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net>,
Jud Hardcastle <l5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.removethis.com> wrote:

> In article <Colhc.15702$Aq.10836@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>,
> flymini@ibuyminis.us says...
> > Okay let's do this.
> >
> > Show me a bill that shows someone (a regular schmoe not some business
> > scheme) going over there 5000 minutes and I will eat my shoe. I will send
> > you video tape proof or do it live over the web.
> >
> > Okay?
> >

> Might want to exclude NYC cab drivers from that or get ready to eat the
> leather. There was a discussion about them here a few months ago.
> They've moved to cell phones for their intra-car chatting and pretty
> much stay on the phone for an entire 10 hour nightly shift talking right
> thru fairs. Say 9 hours x 60 x 25 days = 13500 minutes out of either or
> both N&W or M2M. Great deal for the cabbies--bad deal for the carriers
> and other customers who have to pay higher rates due to equip &
> maintenance required for what was intended to be slack time. I wouldn't
> be surprised to see NYC and maybe other big cities drop free N&W and M2M
> due to this, or at least require those users to switch to a business
> plan.

Or perhaps Cingular might leave it, as a goodwill gesture for the safety
of cabbies.
!