Is geforce 2mx compatible with Killing Floor?

jtenorj

Distinguished
Not worried about the rest of the rig, this gpu is just in here on emergency basis after the
death of a much more powerful gpu and prior to the purchase of a new one(dxll pci).

Just want to know if anyone knows if a geforce 2 mx can play killing floor at all.

jtenorj

Distinguished
Thanks for the feedback. I was sorta lookin for a more definitive answer.

I know the geforce 2 mx is a dx7 card. I also know that Killing floor is based on a heavily
modified version of unreal engine 2.5(not sure exactly what games use 2.5) and that
unreal 2, ut2k3 and ut2k4 all use unreal 2.0. I could play those on geforce 2 mx.

Actually, I just looked up unreal engine on wikipedia and clicked the link to a list of games
using various versions of the engine. There are quite a few that use some form of UE2.
I also thought bioshock was UE3 on dx9.0c but I guess its UE2 on dx9.0c(my last card was
a x1650pro radeon agp card). The system requirements for killing floor both on wikipedia and
various other places around the web are a little vague. Maybe it's the difference between
dx9 compatible and compliant? I can play some dx9 games on a geforce 2 mx, but not the
ones where the minimum code path is higher than dx7(dx8, dx9, etc). Has anyone gotten
a geforce 2 mx to run killing floor on minimum setting with a playable frame rate and
without any serious rendering glitches, or am I S.O.L. til I get a newer gpu?

I know geforce 2mx is at the bottom of the chart on the last page of the monthly gpu
buyer's guide, it is less powerful than geforce 2(non mx), similar to the original geforce
(fewer internal units but higher clocks), and just below are tnt and rage (dx6) as well
as intel 740(tnt predated the 1999 geforce, rage predated the 2000 radeon, and intel
740 is the oldest and slowest intel igp known to man).

Edit: sorry bout double post. When tried 2 post, message said forum was temporarily
unavailable or something like that. Edit: make that triple post...

jtenorj

Distinguished

I know the geforce 2 mx is a dx7 card. I also know that Killing floor is based on a heavily
modified version of unreal engine 2.5(not sure exactly what games use 2.5) and that
unreal 2, ut2k3 and ut2k4 all use unreal 2.0. I could play those on geforce 2 mx.

Actually, I just looked up unreal engine on wikipedia and clicked the link to a list of games
using various versions of the engine. There are quite a few that use some form of UE2.
I also thought bioshock was UE3 on dx9.0c but I guess its UE2 on dx9.0c(my last card was
a x1650pro radeon agp card). The system requirements for killing floor both on wikipedia and
various other places around the web are a little vague. Maybe it's the difference between
dx9 compatible and compliant? I can play some dx9 games on a geforce 2 mx, but not the
ones where the minimum code path is higher than dx7(dx8, dx9, etc). Has anyone gotten
a geforce 2 mx to run killing floor on minimum setting with a playable frame rate and

I know geforce 2mx is at the bottom of the chart on the last page of the monthly gpu
buyer's guide, it is less powerful than geforce 2(non mx), similar to the original geforce
(fewer internal units but higher clocks), and just below are tnt and rage (dx6) as well
as intel 740(tnt predated the 1999 geforce, rage predated the 2000 radeon, and intel

jtenorj

Distinguished