Help with failed incoming faxes

beemer

I'm getting a lot of partially received, or failed incoming standard-mode
faxes.

XP Prof SP2 all updates
MSI K8N Neo2 Plat MB
Athlon64 +4000, 1GB, 256GM
PCI Conextant HSI V92 modem XP drivers

Connected to standard POTS telephone socket

Is there anything I can check that might be causing this? My customers are
fed up resending.

Possibly cuts out whilst eithernet cable router is transmitting/receiving
email but this is just a guess and more likely coincidence.

I also was surprised not to see the COM3 port which this pci fax modem is
using in device manager ports list. I only have COM1 and LPT2.

Beemer

Do you get any error messages?
Windows XP Fax is a very troubled program that does not work much of the
time and provides no clues as to why. You should not be relying on it in a
production situation. No one does.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting a lot of partially received, or failed incoming standard-mode
> faxes.
>
> XP Prof SP2 all updates
> MSI K8N Neo2 Plat MB
> Athlon64 +4000, 1GB, 256GM
> PCI Conextant HSI V92 modem XP drivers
>
> Connected to standard POTS telephone socket
>
> Is there anything I can check that might be causing this? My customers
> are
> fed up resending.
>
> Possibly cuts out whilst eithernet cable router is transmitting/receiving
> email but this is just a guess and more likely coincidence.
>
> I also was surprised not to see the COM3 port which this pci fax modem is
> using in device manager ports list. I only have COM1 and LPT2.
>
> Beemer

beemer

Do you get any error messages?
Windows XP Fax is a very troubled program that does not work much of the
time and provides no clues as to why. You should not be relying on it in a
production situation. No one does.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting a lot of partially received, or failed incoming standard-mode
> faxes.
>
> XP Prof SP2 all updates
> MSI K8N Neo2 Plat MB
> Athlon64 +4000, 1GB, 256GM
> PCI Conextant HSI V92 modem XP drivers
>
> Connected to standard POTS telephone socket
>
> Is there anything I can check that might be causing this? My customers
> are
> fed up resending.
>
> Possibly cuts out whilst eithernet cable router is transmitting/receiving
> email but this is just a guess and more likely coincidence.
>
> I also was surprised not to see the COM3 port which this pci fax modem is
> using in device manager ports list. I only have COM1 and LPT2.
>
> Beemer

Russ,

Thanks.... I bought a machine!

Beemer