mehow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
I have Duron 800. I made the FSB higher from 100 to 112, because I couldn't make it higher. Why? Could you write me how to do it? How unlock the other rates for FSB? But if it is possible will you write very simple? I will be thankful.

MeHow

wellonchompy

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
I havent had much experience with durons, but you will find that its more likely that the multiplier is locked, not the fsb.

You can possibly push the fsb up even more if you can increase the voltage a little more, or if you really wanted you could find a guide to unlock the multiplier (anyone else done this with a duron?)

You may find that you have no way to up the voltage, in which case there should be another way to do this, although once again i cant offer any advice.

Also, it may be that you motherboard wont go above a certain frequency.
Hope this helps

mehow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Ok. This is my friends computer. He says that he it is written on the box of his mainboard something like that (Max 133 FSB). So? This mainboard is... if i remember correct... K7(xxx) i remember only 2 first signs. Is it enough? Maybe I have to change jumpers on mainboard or correct sth on CPU? I wait for answer!

THX

FENRlZ

Distinguished
May 23, 2002
The Duron is running on a 100MHz Bus (200MHz DDR), so it´s not surprising that it can´t handle anything higher than 112MHz (224MHz DDR). It´s like getting your Thunderbird 266, from 133MHz to 145MHz, which isn´t bad. As far as I know, only the new Durons, with the Morgan-core, can run on a 124-150MHz Bus. It all depends on the quality of the processor, higher quality means higher FSB, higher clock rate and the possibility of running on a lower CPU voltage.

I had a cool sig. ready, but my dog ate it!