history question

<wrat@panix.com> wrote:

> What was the first (or first group of) servers?

Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no longer
exist anymore.

Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
after the game started).

Wolfie

"the wharf rat" wrote

> What was the first (or first group of) servers?

Arpanet (California and Utah) for the Internet; UUCPnet (Duke
and UNC) for Usenet.

Wolfie

"the wharf rat" wrote

> What was the first (or first group of) servers?

And you probably meant EQ servers, so NM the other answer.... ;D
(Sorry, brainfade switching between groups.)

Wolfie wrote:
> "the wharf rat" wrote
>

>>What was the first (or first group of) servers?
>

> And you probably meant EQ servers, so NM the other answer.... ;D
> (Sorry, brainfade switching between groups.)

They where excellent answers none the less...good for the young
whipper-snappers to learn something. This thing they call the "net" was
not always so...filled with malarkey.

--
Fingon Grancoeur, Paladin of Resolute on Lucan D'Lere

Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in

> <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
>>

>> What was the first (or first group of) servers?
>
> Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no
> longer exist anymore.
>
> Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm
> not even sure about those. It's difficult to remember which
> "original" servers were actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet
> Nife, which opened like 2 weeks after the game started).

I'm pretty sure Povar was 1st wave - it was my first one and I started
1 or 2 days after release.

--
Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang
Feral Lord Bosra Snowclaw

Mairelon, 36th Paladin
Silverhand

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <slrndc37ep.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
> <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
> >

> > What was the first (or first group of) servers?
>
> Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no longer
> exist anymore.
>
> Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
> sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
> actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
> after the game started).

Mith Marr was very early... not sure if original... but early.

42 wrote:
> In article <slrndc37ep.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
>
>><wrat@panix.com> wrote:
>>

>>> What was the first (or first group of) servers?
>>
>>Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no longer
>>exist anymore.
>>
>>Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
>>sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
>>actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
>>after the game started).
>>

> Mith Marr was very early... not sure if original... but early.

On subject, Fennin Ro was one of the originals if I recall.

--
Fingon Grancoeur, Paladin of Resolute on Lucan D'Lere

Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
: Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
: sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
: actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
: after the game started).

Tunare was one of the 1st add on servers.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <MPG.1d2b49d918505f33989ba7@shawnews>, nospam@nospam.com
says...
> In article <slrndc37ep.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
> > <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > What was the first (or first group of) servers?
> >
> > Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no longer
> > exist anymore.
> >
> > Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
> > sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
> > actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
> > after the game started).
> >

> Mith Marr was very early... not sure if original... but early.

Well... out of boredom I extended my quest:

Phase 4 beta - (final phase):

Test
Fennin Ro
Rallos Zek (PvP)
Tarrew Marr
The Rathe
Xegony

Prior to Phase 4, I beleive (Because it predates me), but comments in
Jan 1999 in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg are highly suggestive that there
was just:

Test

PS this was gleaned from a quick scan of posts dated Feb 1999 in
alt.games.everquest (where else!)