history question

What was the first (or first group of) servers?
9 answers Last reply
More about history question

    <wrat@panix.com> wrote:

    > What was the first (or first group of) servers?

    Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no longer
    exist anymore.

    Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
    sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
    actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
    after the game started).

    "the wharf rat" wrote

    > What was the first (or first group of) servers?

    Arpanet (California and Utah) for the Internet; UUCPnet (Duke
    and UNC) for Usenet.

    "the wharf rat" wrote

    > What was the first (or first group of) servers?

    And you probably meant EQ servers, so NM the other answer.... ;D
    (Sorry, brainfade switching between groups.)

    Wolfie wrote:
    > "the wharf rat" wrote
    >

    >>What was the first (or first group of) servers?
    >

    > And you probably meant EQ servers, so NM the other answer.... ;D
    > (Sorry, brainfade switching between groups.)

    They where excellent answers none the less...good for the young
    whipper-snappers to learn something. This thing they call the "net" was
    not always so...filled with malarkey.

    --
    Fingon Grancoeur, Paladin of Resolute on Lucan D'Lere

    Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in

    > <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
    >>

    >> What was the first (or first group of) servers?
    >
    > Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no
    > longer exist anymore.
    >
    > Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm
    > not even sure about those. It's difficult to remember which
    > "original" servers were actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet
    > Nife, which opened like 2 weeks after the game started).

    I'm pretty sure Povar was 1st wave - it was my first one and I started
    1 or 2 days after release.

    --
    Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang
    Feral Lord Bosra Snowclaw

    Mairelon, 36th Paladin
    Silverhand

    In article <slrndc37ep.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
    > <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
    > >

    > > What was the first (or first group of) servers?
    >
    > Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no longer
    > exist anymore.
    >
    > Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
    > sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
    > actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
    > after the game started).

    Mith Marr was very early... not sure if original... but early.

    42 wrote:
    > In article <slrndc37ep.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
    >
    >><wrat@panix.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>> What was the first (or first group of) servers?
    >>
    >>Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no longer
    >>exist anymore.
    >>
    >>Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
    >>sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
    >>actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
    >>after the game started).
    >>

    > Mith Marr was very early... not sure if original... but early.

    On subject, Fennin Ro was one of the originals if I recall.

    --
    Fingon Grancoeur, Paladin of Resolute on Lucan D'Lere

    Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
    : Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
    : sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
    : actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
    : after the game started).

    Tunare was one of the 1st add on servers.

    In article <MPG.1d2b49d918505f33989ba7@shawnews>, nospam@nospam.com
    says...
    > In article <slrndc37ep.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
    > > <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
    > > >

    > > > What was the first (or first group of) servers?
    > >
    > > Good luck tracking that info down, since some of those servers no longer
    > > exist anymore.
    > >
    > > Innoruuk, Veeshan, Sol Ro, Tunare, Rallos Zek were some... and I'm not even
    > > sure about those. It's difficult to remember which "original" servers were
    > > actually the 2nd-wave servers (like Rodcet Nife, which opened like 2 weeks
    > > after the game started).
    > >

    > Mith Marr was very early... not sure if original... but early.

    Well... out of boredom I extended my quest:

    Phase 4 beta - (final phase):

    Test
    Fennin Ro
    Rallos Zek (PvP)
    Tarrew Marr
    The Rathe
    Xegony

    Prior to Phase 4, I beleive (Because it predates me), but comments in
    Jan 1999 in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg are highly suggestive that there
    was just:

    Test

    PS this was gleaned from a quick scan of posts dated Feb 1999 in
    alt.games.everquest (where else!)

Games Servers Video Games