Compaq LTE 5250 (wireless card problem)

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b F Wireless
February 10, 2005 6:23:03 PM

I am not a pc guru, I have a compaq LTE 5250 that was given to me a couple
of years ago. In the last 2 years I have managed to get a cdrom, hard
drive, and floppy drive from ebay(that's why it was given to me)I upgraded
this from windows 98 to XP..actually the hard drive I am using now is out
of a IBM thinkpad that I toasted. The problem I have now is that when I
try to use a wireless network card, the laptop does not recognize the
card(s) in any way...no beeping in or out/no new harware found by the XP
OS. I have tried a link sys card and data link brand cards and software.
Has anyone encountered this problem?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 11, 2005 1:22:33 PM

Have you checked the BIOS to see if there is an option to turn PCMCIA
on/off?
Have you checked Windows XP for any hardware clashes/problems?
Is this a very old machine that only supports old 16-bit PCMCIA and not
newer 32-bit cardbus cards?

Hope some of this helps,
Paul DS.
!