Here's an Easy One!

Byte Wrote:
> Yes, that's exactly where it is at. If you do not have the Fax icon
> there,
> go he
> StartControl PanelAdd or Remove Programsleft pane click Add/remove
> Windows Componentsthe second item should be Fax Services. Check it
> and click Next, just follow the prompts to install it.
>
> "Treeman" wrote:
> -
>
> Can I get the printer & Fax Viewer to show up in a menu say, Start,
> Accessories, Communications?
> If so How?
> Thanks,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman
> -

Hmmmm, Maybe I didn't explain this right,
I have the fax & picture viewer already installed. If I go and install
the fax utility it says I need a dial-up modem, which I don't have.
(broadband)
People at my office can send me faxes in an email attachment which the
fax viewer opens. How would you send a fax via email? Is it a
non-microsoft product perhaps?
Thanks,
Treeman

--
Treeman

What were you thinking the fax prgoram would use if you have no modem
and no phone line?
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/FAQFAX.htm#_Toc88835133
------
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Treeman wrote:
> Byte Wrote:
>
>>Yes, that's exactly where it is at. If you do not have the Fax icon
>>there,
>>go he
>>StartControl PanelAdd or Remove Programsleft pane click Add/remove
>>Windows Componentsthe second item should be Fax Services. Check it
>>and click Next, just follow the prompts to install it.
>>
>>"Treeman" wrote:
>>-
>>
>>Can I get the printer & Fax Viewer to show up in a menu say, Start,
>>Accessories, Communications?
>>If so How?
>>Thanks,
>>Treeman
>>

>>--
>>Treeman
>>-
>

> Hmmmm, Maybe I didn't explain this right,
> I have the fax & picture viewer already installed. If I go and install
> the fax utility it says I need a dial-up modem, which I don't have.
> (broadband)
> People at my office can send me faxes in an email attachment which the
> fax viewer opens. How would you send a fax via email? Is it a
> non-microsoft product perhaps?
> Thanks,
> Treeman

Byte

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is simply a graphics app to view downloaded
graphics/documents/photos including Faxes. Yes, you can send a Fax in email
all you have to do is send it as an attachment or embed it in the body of the
email.

"Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]" wrote:

> What were you thinking the fax prgoram would use if you have no modem
> and no phone line?
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/FAQFAX.htm#_Toc88835133
> ------
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
>
> Treeman wrote:
> > Byte Wrote:
> >
> >>Yes, that's exactly where it is at. If you do not have the Fax icon
> >>there,
> >>go he
> >>StartControl PanelAdd or Remove Programsleft pane click Add/remove
> >>Windows Componentsthe second item should be Fax Services. Check it
> >>and click Next, just follow the prompts to install it.
> >>
> >>"Treeman" wrote:
> >>-
> >>
> >>Can I get the printer & Fax Viewer to show up in a menu say, Start,
> >>Accessories, Communications?
> >>If so How?
> >>Thanks,
> >>Treeman
> >>

> >>--
> >>Treeman
> >>-
> >

> > Hmmmm, Maybe I didn't explain this right,
> > I have the fax & picture viewer already installed. If I go and install
> > the fax utility it says I need a dial-up modem, which I don't have.
> > (broadband)
> > People at my office can send me faxes in an email attachment which the
> > fax viewer opens. How would you send a fax via email? Is it a
> > non-microsoft product perhaps?
> > Thanks,
> > Treeman

Correct.
I see the confusion here. All I saw was that the original poster was
trying to install the Windows XP Fax utilty without having a modem. In
fact, there was no need to install the fax utility at all since the user
was not even trying to send a fax, just email a graphic file.
------
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]