Faxing and Answering machine

Dirk

Hi Everyone,

Just purchased a new Dell. Like most new printers it has a built in fax
machine and I cannot get the fax machine to work with the answering machine.
On my old computer (which was 5 years old) I had a comswitch from my main
phone line in which would direct the the incoming call to the call to the fax
machine or answering machine. It worked great.
Problem now with the new printer is that there is no phone jack connecting
to the back of it, there is now only a connection for a USB cable directly to
the computer.
So my question is, where do I hook up the phone jack that was going to my
old fax machine? I have tried all the jacks in the back of the computer but
nothing seems to make the fax machine work. I have tried the fax control
panel but the only thing I can change there is the number of rings before the
fax machine answers.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to Dell Support
http://support.dell.com/home.aspx

Welcome to Dell Community Forums
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dirk" wrote:

| Hi Everyone,
|
| Just purchased a new Dell. Like most new printers it has a built in fax
| machine and I cannot get the fax machine to work with the answering machine.
| On my old computer (which was 5 years old) I had a comswitch from my main
| phone line in which would direct the the incoming call to the call to the fax
| machine or answering machine. It worked great.
| Problem now with the new printer is that there is no phone jack connecting
| to the back of it, there is now only a connection for a USB cable directly to
| the computer.
| So my question is, where do I hook up the phone jack that was going to my
| old fax machine? I have tried all the jacks in the back of the computer but
| nothing seems to make the fax machine work. I have tried the fax control
| panel but the only thing I can change there is the number of rings before the
| fax machine answers.
|
| Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS