HP 770 Creating New Drive Letter?

I have just been trying to setup a HP printer on XP and encountered the
following problem:

Logon as local admin and set up printer as instructions.
Printer is fine under admin account.
Login as user and receive prompt "could not connect network drive".
Look in My Computer and find that a removable disk has appeared and been
assigned one of our mapped drive letters.
To get the user back up and running, I have renamed the removable drive to
different letter. The printer now works OK, but none of the Photo editing
software works!

Is there a way I can point the software at the new drive location?
Why is this not mentioned on the set up instruction? The machine is sold as
a corporate rather than home use device!

TIA

Phil

Byte

Does this printer have a memory card slot and maybe a viewer?
If it does, it creates an additional external drive and letter.

"TheScullster" wrote:

> I have just been trying to setup a HP printer on XP and encountered the
> following problem:
>
> Logon as local admin and set up printer as instructions.
> Printer is fine under admin account.
> Login as user and receive prompt "could not connect network drive".
> Look in My Computer and find that a removable disk has appeared and been
> assigned one of our mapped drive letters.
> To get the user back up and running, I have renamed the removable drive to
> different letter. The printer now works OK, but none of the Photo editing
> software works!
>
> Is there a way I can point the software at the new drive location?
> Why is this not mentioned on the set up instruction? The machine is sold as
> a corporate rather than home use device!
>
> TIA
>
> Phil

Thanks Byte

Yes it does have these add ons.
Is there any way I can re-point the software at the renamed drive?

Phil

Byte

No. You can check under My Computer and you'll see that the drive will or
will not be listed unless you put a card in the drive so it will read data.
Otherwise the drive will not show and cannot be used as a target.