Gail

All of a sudden users of this pc (running Xp home service pack 2) without
admin powers cannot print anything using the psc 1210. the icon of the
printer with paper in it appears briefly in the tool bar and then disappears
and nothing happens. the user with admin powers can still print fine. have
run the latest anti-virus, adware and spyware but can't find anything. any
suggestions would be much appreciated.

Byte

Security permissions for printing

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/print_security_permissionsP.asp

"Gail" wrote:

> All of a sudden users of this pc (running Xp home service pack 2) without
> admin powers cannot print anything using the psc 1210. the icon of the
> printer with paper in it appears briefly in the tool bar and then disappears
> and nothing happens. the user with admin powers can still print fine. have
> run the latest anti-virus, adware and spyware but can't find anything. any
> suggestions would be much appreciated.

The page Byte refers to has a link to change permissions for a printer.
On that page is says "The Security tab appears only when you press and
hold down CTRL as you right-click the printer." That is not true. The
security tab does not appear at all for me even when holding down the
Ctrl key. Any other suggestions?