DoN levels

I've been researching DoN, and while I'm finding some really good info none
of it seems to have levels included. I'll see something like "This mob is a
light blue to green con and an easy kill", but I have no idea what that's in
reference to .. is the mob light blue to a level 50 character or a level 70
character.

At what level does a character become viable for DoN progression?

Crash

<crash86@shotmail.com> wrote:
> I've been researching DoN, and while I'm finding some really good info none
> of it seems to have levels included. I'll see something like "This mob is a
> light blue to green con and an easy kill", but I have no idea what that's in
> reference to .. is the mob light blue to a level 50 character or a level 70
> character.
>
> At what level does a character become viable for DoN progression?

Level 69.

Plenty to do there before that, but for *progression* you are highly limited
until 69. You have to have someone level 69 to start any of the raid events
I believe.

Doing faction and earning points can be done long before 69, and can
definitely be considered a form of personal progression, but not what you
were asking I don't think.

"Faned" wrote:
> <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote:
>> I've been researching DoN, and while I'm finding some really good info
>> none
>> of it seems to have levels included. I'll see something like "This mob
>> is a
>> light blue to green con and an easy kill", but I have no idea what that's
>> in
>> reference to .. is the mob light blue to a level 50 character or a level
>> 70
>> character.
>>
>> At what level does a character become viable for DoN progression?
>
> Level 69.
>
> Plenty to do there before that, but for *progression* you are highly
> limited
> until 69. You have to have someone level 69 to start any of the raid
> events
> I believe.
>
> Doing faction and earning points can be done long before 69, and can
> definitely be considered a form of personal progression, but not what you
> were asking I don't think.

Either, really. I was considering getting the faction work out of the way
with a 63 druid and a 52 SK.

Crash

In alt.games.everquest, "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote:

[DoN progression]

>Either, really. I was considering getting the faction work out of the way
>with a 63 druid and a 52 SK.

The DoN progression which leads to the AA rewards starts with 3 tasks,
which each person must get an receive. You can only get those tasks when
indifferent to the relevant camp, and when are you are level 65+.

Once you have completed those single tasks, you need a group with an
average level of 68+ to get the single group mission.

Any average lower than that will prevent you from obtaining the mission and
will halt your progression.

So you must be 65+, you must be indifferent, and you must be able to field
a group of average level 68+ to really start the progression in a
meaningful way.

--
Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)
Recommended Author : Stan Nicholls [http://www.stannicholls.com]

"Tony Evans" wrote:
> In alt.games.everquest, "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote:
>
> [DoN progression]
>
>>Either, really. I was considering getting the faction work out of the way
>>with a 63 druid and a 52 SK.
>
> The DoN progression which leads to the AA rewards starts with 3 tasks,
> which each person must get an receive. You can only get those tasks when
> indifferent to the relevant camp, and when are you are level 65+.
>
> Once you have completed those single tasks, you need a group with an
> average level of 68+ to get the single group mission.
>
> Any average lower than that will prevent you from obtaining the mission
> and
> will halt your progression.
>
> So you must be 65+, you must be indifferent, and you must be able to field
> a group of average level 68+ to really start the progression in a
> meaningful way.

Outstanding. Thanks kindly for the information.

Crash

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:56:19 +0100, Tony Evans
<postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>In alt.games.everquest, "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote:
>
>[DoN progression]
>
>>Either, really. I was considering getting the faction work out of the way
>>with a 63 druid and a 52 SK.
>
>The DoN progression which leads to the AA rewards starts with 3 tasks,
>which each person must get an receive. You can only get those tasks when
>indifferent to the relevant camp, and when are you are level 65+.
>
>Once you have completed those single tasks, you need a group with an
>average level of 68+ to get the single group mission.

I wonder what this is good for,I hate leveling with a passion,didnt
make a level since 1 month after release of OoW,when I took my
Ranger to 67 to qualify for "Origin" AA.
My 65 cleric with now 100 AAs can heal fine in a mission which
yields 56 crystals,let me add I did this without Enchanter mana
regeneration buff and the group didnt notice it,in fact I was fm most
of the time.
This is a thing really capable to make me quit,I already lost the
ability to make my own groups,most people dont want "lowbies" :p
in their group,so there is not much point to start one as a 65.

I alrerady had the pleasure in a NC group to meet a 68 cleric with no
AAs or gear(I assume) to speak of,who was screaming oom after every
mob,with my Ranger.

Fortunately for Sony I found some linkminded people,who think that
quality(AA and gear) and fun is more important than quantity
(levels),and am in a "lowbie" "family-style" guild.

Playing the game only relying on pickup groups like I did in some
phases of my EQ career is now impossible,thanks to EQ2 and the
stupid level requirements in Don.

Uland 67,225 Hunter
Mheldur 65,105 Cleric

In article <ckj6c1tgn902amsl1rt88abth58g98s4a9@4ax.com>,
Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:

>Playing the game only relying on pickup groups like I did in some
>phases of my EQ career is now impossible,thanks to EQ2 and the
>stupid level requirements in Don.

All I ever do is pickup groups... Now pickup *raids*
seem to have gotten harder to find...

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:35:05 +0000 (UTC), wrat@panix.com (the wharf
rat) wrote:

>In article <ckj6c1tgn902amsl1rt88abth58g98s4a9@4ax.com>,
>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>>Playing the game only relying on pickup groups like I did in some
>>phases of my EQ career is now impossible,thanks to EQ2 and the
>>stupid level requirements in Don.
>>

> All I ever do is pickup groups... Now pickup *raids*
>seem to have gotten harder to find...

Note I was talking about the viewpoint of a 65 Cleric.

Mheldur 65 Cleric