Compaq 1688 looking for DVD drive

I am looking for a dvd drive for my Compaq 1688 laptop. It has a cd
drive in it now. Does anyone know which part # will work in a 1688? I
have replaced the AMD K2-400 mhz processor with a AMD K2+ 475 mhz,
replaced the 4.3 gig hard drive wth a 30 gig hard drive and maxed the
memory at 192 meg. If I could put a DVD drive in it, it would suit my
needs for another 2-3 years. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about compaq 1688 drive

    Here is the part number for the 4X DVD drive that comes in the next model up
    from your 1688:

    142308-001

    HP may have it as a spare or option part.

    Here is the URL for the Maintenance & Service Guide for your NB:

    http://h18027.www1.hp.com/athome/support/msgs/1683-1694/

    HH

    "nbrowser" <oldbadbob@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a dvd drive for my Compaq 1688 laptop. It has a cd
    > drive in it now. Does anyone know which part # will work in a 1688? I
    > have replaced the AMD K2-400 mhz processor with a AMD K2+ 475 mhz,
    > replaced the 4.3 gig hard drive wth a 30 gig hard drive and maxed the
    > memory at 192 meg. If I could put a DVD drive in it, it would suit my
    > needs for another 2-3 years. Thanks

Compaq DVD Drives Hard Drives Computers