Compaq 1688 looking for DVD drive

Last response: in Computer Brands
February 12, 2005 1:05:43 PM

I am looking for a dvd drive for my Compaq 1688 laptop. It has a cd
drive in it now. Does anyone know which part # will work in a 1688? I
have replaced the AMD K2-400 mhz processor with a AMD K2+ 475 mhz,
replaced the 4.3 gig hard drive wth a 30 gig hard drive and maxed the
memory at 192 meg. If I could put a DVD drive in it, it would suit my
needs for another 2-3 years. Thanks

More about : compaq 1688 dvd drive

February 13, 2005 11:12:43 AM

Here is the part number for the 4X DVD drive that comes in the next model up
from your 1688:

142308-001

HP may have it as a spare or option part.

Here is the URL for the Maintenance & Service Guide for your NB:

http://h18027.www1.hp.com/athome/support/msgs/1683-1694...

HH

!