Malware Aftermath

wiobin

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
I need some help and whoever can help me gets a cookie(just kidding). I recently had some malware on my computer. I had it removed by Avast. Scanned with Spybot and Malware bytes just to make sure. I latter found out that my registry was messed with. Mozilla Firefox was not working but I tweaked with it and I got it backed to normal. I have the zune software and I get an error code that my net frame work was messed with. I have the same problem with Catalyst Control Center i get an error code host application has stopped working
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ccc.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 49ef8e09
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4bebe8e2
Problem Signature 07: 20c8
Problem Signature 08: 143
Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Haven't found a solution to that. Also I have steam, and Civ 5 does not run. I reinstalled, uninstalled, net framework probably 4 or 5 times and that had not worked. I started from net framework 1 to 4 and installed them and then uninstalled then reinstalled them. My system restore points only go back 5 days and I need to go back 11 so that is not an option. I really don't want to reinstall 7 because I hate installing all my programs again and I live in the middle of nowhere and have crappy internet so I don't want to re download 3 steam games. Maybe if someone can give me some tips on registry fixing because I am clueless. So if anyone can help this would be appreciated very much.

Thank you

PS: I have email on my phone so I can respond very quickly if any questions

(Oh and my specs are AMD 965 quad core, 4 GBS or Corsair RAM, Seagate 500 GB hardrive, and MSI NF98-G65 motherboard and Windows 7)

wiobin

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
does the windows repair option uses the Windows installation disc right and does this mess with programs already installed on my machine. Also how reliable is REG cure?

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009

Well, to be honest, The chances are quite low, but it is harmless and won't mess up your old programs. and yes it does need the Windows CD.
reg cure softwares on the other hand are quicker and a better approach, and I think the reliability is something you already lack, so you have nothing to lose! ;)

I would also suggest a rescue disk to scan your system before start up. You can download one for free from either Kaspersky or Bitdefender.
FYI it is a long process, and a clean installation would be 10x faster.