XPhome only faxes at startup

On an XP Home SP2 system. The system administrator can send faxes correctly
and immediately all day long, the hardware setup works fine. When a "limited
rights" user is logged in, all faxes go to a que and are not sent. When the
system is restarted and the limited user logs in again, the fax cue is
transmitted.

After that any additional faxes are put in a que again and will not transmit
until the system is restarted and the limited user (owner of the que) logs
in again. If the system admin logs in the fax cue from the limited account
is not transmitted.

Please HELP! This user is driving me nuts, I cannot allow her admin access
just to fax.

Well that's a new one. (Not a good sign).
Is there any other software on the limited user's logon that might be using
TAPI protocols to access the modem? Are there any error messages or anything
in Event Viewer from FaxSrv or Print?
Has the limited user's logon ever worked as it should?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"PapaShex" <papashex@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On an XP Home SP2 system. The system administrator can send faxes
> correctly and immediately all day long, the hardware setup works fine.
> When a "limited rights" user is logged in, all faxes go to a que and are
> not sent. When the system is restarted and the limited user logs in again,
> the fax cue is transmitted.
>
> After that any additional faxes are put in a que again and will not
> transmit until the system is restarted and the limited user (owner of the
> que) logs in again. If the system admin logs in the fax cue from the
> limited account is not transmitted.
>
> Please HELP! This user is driving me nuts, I cannot allow her admin access
> just to fax.

There is no additional telephony software (or any other software package)
installed specifically for the limited user. Everything was installed as
admin / all users. The "limited user" fax function has never worked, but it
has always worked for admin.

There are never any error messages when the faxes are dumping to the que,
they simply wait there. There is nothing relating to the fax being "offline"
as one might get from a standard print job. I have always insured the fax
jobs were set to go a.s.a.p., not for off peak hours (another possibility
that just occurred to me).

I am unable to delete faxes from the que, as one is able to "cancel
printing" if a standard printer encountered some type of error.

As you said, this being a new one is not a good sign. Am I able to configure
fax service to always "run as" admin in some fashion?