Adam

I have a windows XP Pro machine (Service Pack 2). I am trying to add a
TCP/IP printer port and "Standard TCP/IP Port" is not in my list. How do I
add it? I have never seen this. I have googled this for an answer with no
luck.

I have two options in the list: 1-Local Port & 2-MS Document Imaging.

Thanks

Adam W.

Byte

Add a standard TCP/IP port
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/print_add_tcpip_port.asp

"Adam" wrote:

> I have a windows XP Pro machine (Service Pack 2). I am trying to add a
> TCP/IP printer port and "Standard TCP/IP Port" is not in my list. How do I
> add it? I have never seen this. I have googled this for an answer with no
> luck.
>
> I have two options in the list: 1-Local Port & 2-MS Document Imaging.
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam W.

Did you run the cleanspl.exe utility from the Windows Resource Kit. If you
click yes to delete the Standard Port it does but not the files.

Verify that tcpmon.dll, tcpmonui.dll, and tcpmib.dll are in system32, then
add the registry key back

If you have any Win2k or greater system handy you can export the Standard
TCP/IP Port key and import to the other machine. Even if you do not export
this key if you can look at this key for guidance when adding back the entry
it is helpful.

stop and start spooler

if not, locate
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitor\

Add key
Standard TCP/IP Port
Add String Value; value name=Driver; value data=tcpmon.dll

under Standard TCP/IP Port
Add Key
Ports
Add three Dwords in Ports (I am listing the value data in decimal)
LprAckTimeout value data= 180
StatusUpdateEnabled value data= 1
StatusUpdateInterval value data= 10

stop and start spooler

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Adam" <adam_white78554@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a windows XP Pro machine (Service Pack 2). I am trying to add a
> TCP/IP printer port and "Standard TCP/IP Port" is not in my list. How do I
> add it? I have never seen this. I have googled this for an answer with no
> luck.
>
> I have two options in the list: 1-Local Port & 2-MS Document Imaging.
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam W.

I did everything you said and it is still not on option. Any other
suggestions?