TCP/IP Printer Port

I have a windows XP Pro machine (Service Pack 2). I am trying to add a
TCP/IP printer port and "Standard TCP/IP Port" is not in my list. How do I
add it? I have never seen this. I have googled this for an answer with no
luck.

I have two options in the list: 1-Local Port & 2-MS Document Imaging.

Thanks

Adam W.
3 answers Last reply
More about printer port

    Add a standard TCP/IP port
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/print_add_tcpip_port.asp

    "Adam" wrote:

    > I have a windows XP Pro machine (Service Pack 2). I am trying to add a
    > TCP/IP printer port and "Standard TCP/IP Port" is not in my list. How do I
    > add it? I have never seen this. I have googled this for an answer with no
    > luck.
    >
    > I have two options in the list: 1-Local Port & 2-MS Document Imaging.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Adam W.

    Did you run the cleanspl.exe utility from the Windows Resource Kit. If you
    click yes to delete the Standard Port it does but not the files.

    Verify that tcpmon.dll, tcpmonui.dll, and tcpmib.dll are in system32, then
    add the registry key back

    If you have any Win2k or greater system handy you can export the Standard
    TCP/IP Port key and import to the other machine. Even if you do not export
    this key if you can look at this key for guidance when adding back the entry
    it is helpful.

    stop and start spooler

    if not, locate
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitor\

    Add key
    Standard TCP/IP Port
    Add String Value; value name=Driver; value data=tcpmon.dll

    under Standard TCP/IP Port
    Add Key
    Ports
    Add three Dwords in Ports (I am listing the value data in decimal)
    LprAckTimeout value data= 180
    StatusUpdateEnabled value data= 1
    StatusUpdateInterval value data= 10

    stop and start spooler

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Adam" <adam_white78554@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a windows XP Pro machine (Service Pack 2). I am trying to add a
    > TCP/IP printer port and "Standard TCP/IP Port" is not in my list. How do I
    > add it? I have never seen this. I have googled this for an answer with no
    > luck.
    >
    > I have two options in the list: 1-Local Port & 2-MS Document Imaging.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Adam W.

    I did everything you said and it is still not on option. Any other
    suggestions?

    "Alan Morris(MSFT)" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Did you run the cleanspl.exe utility from the Windows Resource Kit. If
    > you
    > click yes to delete the Standard Port it does but not the files.
    >
    > Verify that tcpmon.dll, tcpmonui.dll, and tcpmib.dll are in system32, then
    > add the registry key back
    >

    > If you have any Win2k or greater system handy you can export the Standard
    > TCP/IP Port key and import to the other machine. Even if you do not
    > export
    > this key if you can look at this key for guidance when adding back the
    > entry
    > it is helpful.
    >
    > stop and start spooler
    >

    > if not, locate
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitor\
    >
    > Add key
    > Standard TCP/IP Port
    > Add String Value; value name=Driver; value data=tcpmon.dll
    >
    > under Standard TCP/IP Port
    > Add Key
    > Ports
    > Add three Dwords in Ports (I am listing the value data in decimal)
    > LprAckTimeout value data= 180
    > StatusUpdateEnabled value data= 1
    > StatusUpdateInterval value data= 10
    >
    > stop and start spooler
    >

    > --
    > Alan Morris
    > Windows Printing Team

    > rights.
    >
    > "Adam" <adam_white78554@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I have a windows XP Pro machine (Service Pack 2). I am trying to add a
    >> TCP/IP printer port and "Standard TCP/IP Port" is not in my list. How do
    >> add it? I have never seen this. I have googled this for an answer with no
    >> luck.
    >>
    >> I have two options in the list: 1-Local Port & 2-MS Document Imaging.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Adam W.

TCP/IP Printers Windows XP