W7: Reboot or select proper boot device

modsiw

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
You cannot vote on your own post

Hi, story goes as follows:

- APC Battery Backup shuts off, computer and all components shut off.
- I turn the APC BB back on, turn on the computer and ~4 seconds after I booted, the APC BB shuts off again.
- I turn it back on, this time I plug my power supply into another power bar that isn't at risk to shut off.
- I get the message that my overclock information is not valid and I can press F1 to configure or F2 to boot and continue.
- I press F2, I come to the logon screen, I decide to reboot and go in the BIOS to check out my configs.
- I don't touch anything, I just do exit and discard
- I now ALWAYS get "Reboot or select proper boot device"

Things I've tried:
- Windows 7 Repair CD (did nothing)
- Verified if my HDD was still working by using an external dock and plugging it into my laptop. Everything is working fine.
- Change from IDE to ACHI (did nothing)
- Change the HDD SATA connector to another one on the MOBO (did nothing)

At this point I'm out of ideas, I would gadly appreciate some feedback regarding this issue.
Also, I just tried to do another scan fix and tried rebooting, still no dice but I clicked on "more details" before rebooting and here's the last info line:

Root cause found:
The partition table does not have a valid System Partition.

Repair action: Partition table repair
Result: Completed successful/ Error code = 0x0
Time taken 2464 ms

Thank you very much!

Here are my specs:

Core i7 920 3.6GHz

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

12GB DDR3 OCZ Platinum 1600MHz

ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB (XFX)

Corsair TX850W

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

HDD WD Raptor 150GB

Clear CMOS, load BIOS defaults, save and exit.

To clear CMOS, pull power cord from wall/ups, remove battery from motherboard, press case power on button several times (to discharge residual psu power), go grab a cup of coffee, come back, re-install battery, plug power cord into wall/psu, press case power on button.

Enter BIOS, load and save defaults, exit.

Let us know what happens.

modsiw

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Hey, thanks for your reply.

I finally decided to reformat before I read your answer since I needed my computer to be operatial in a timely manner.

Thanks for the feedback though.

TRENDING THREADS