Epson Stylus 600 printing lines across the entire page

My locally attached Epson Stylus 600 color printer has recently begun
printing lines and shading across the entire page. It seems to have started
after I applied SP2 but I can't be certain. I have been through numerous
cleaning cycles with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
--
dblack
4 answers Last reply

    Do one complete uninstall and reinstall....

    Since it's a rather old and discontinued printer, you may find the only
    drivers are those included in XP therefore to install you should use the Add
    Printer Wizard.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Do one complete uninstall and reinstall....
    >
    > http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
    >
    > Since it's a rather old and discontinued printer, you may find the only
    > drivers are those included in XP therefore to install you should use the Add
    > Printer Wizard.
    > "dblack" <dblack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My locally attached Epson Stylus 600 color printer has recently begun
    > > printing lines and shading across the entire page. It seems to have
    > > started
    > > after I applied SP2 but I can't be certain. I have been through numerous
    > > cleaning cycles with no success.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > > --
    > > dblack

    Hi,

    I tried that with no luck, but will do it again tonight after work. thanks
    for the reply.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Do one complete uninstall and reinstall....
    >
    > http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
    >
    > Since it's a rather old and discontinued printer, you may find the only
    > drivers are those included in XP therefore to install you should use the Add
    > Printer Wizard.
    > "dblack" <dblack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My locally attached Epson Stylus 600 color printer has recently begun
    > > printing lines and shading across the entire page. It seems to have
    > > started
    > > after I applied SP2 but I can't be certain. I have been through numerous
    > > cleaning cycles with no success.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > > --
    > > dblack

    The printer might require servicing. My best guess: Internally, there is a
    sponge-filled unit for absorbing excessive ink. Over time, that might have
    become saturated. All things considered, it might be less expensive to
    replace the printer. I replaced my Stylus Color 600 about a month ago for
    somewhat the same reason. First, it proved impossible to clean the nozzles
    enough to avoid streaked pages. Next, the nozzles clogged so that printing
    became very feint.

    I hope I am wrong. Good luck.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User
    "dblack" <dblack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : Hi,
    :
    : I tried that with no luck, but will do it again tonight after work.
    thanks
    : for the reply.
    :
    : "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    :
    : > Do one complete uninstall and reinstall....
    : >
    : > http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
    : >
    : > Since it's a rather old and discontinued printer, you may find the only
    : > drivers are those included in XP therefore to install you should use the
    Add
    : > Printer Wizard.
    : > "dblack" <dblack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : > news:8276AA4A-A4B9-4D1A-BB87-AEB01F93E6BC@microsoft.com...
    : > > My locally attached Epson Stylus 600 color printer has recently begun
    : > > printing lines and shading across the entire page. It seems to have
    : > > started
    : > > after I applied SP2 but I can't be certain. I have been through
    numerous
    : > > cleaning cycles with no success.
    : > >
    : > > Any ideas?