Locate fax backup

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

XP Pro SP2
Office 2K3

Can't remember where the faxes are stored. I had to reinstall the OS, and
all apps, but I think I have all my faxes saved somewhere on my external HD.
What's the path to where they get stored???

Thanks.
Ken

Byte

What FAX app did you use?

"Ken" wrote:

> XP Pro SP2
> Office 2K3
>
> Can't remember where the faxes are stored. I had to reinstall the OS, and
> all apps, but I think I have all my faxes saved somewhere on my external HD.
> What's the path to where they get stored???
>
> Thanks.
> Ken

Faxes you have received are automatically archived in the Fax Console's
Inbox and faxes you have sent are archived in the Fax Console's Sent Items
Folder. You can easily access and save these folders from Windows Explorer.
The default location of these folders is:

<drive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows
NT\MSFax\

Simply copy their contents into the same folder in a new installation.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ken" <allstates[no_spam]air@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> XP Pro SP2
> Office 2K3
>
> Can't remember where the faxes are stored. I had to reinstall the OS, and
> all apps, but I think I have all my faxes saved somewhere on my external
> HD. What's the path to where they get stored???
>
> Thanks.
> Ken

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Thanks. I knew it was *somewhere* -- just couldn't remember where.

> Faxes you have received are automatically archived in the Fax Console's
> Inbox and faxes you have sent are archived in the Fax Console's Sent Items
> Folder. You can easily access and save these folders from Windows
> Explorer. The default location of these folders is:
>
> <drive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\
>
> Simply copy their contents into the same folder in a new installation.
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Ken" <allstates[no_spam]air@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> XP Pro SP2
>> Office 2K3
>>
>> Can't remember where the faxes are stored. I had to reinstall the OS,
>> and all apps, but I think I have all my faxes saved somewhere on my
>> external HD. What's the path to where they get stored???
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Ken

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Russ:

Is there a way to change that default location, to a different partition on
the drive, where all of my data is kept?

Thanks.
Ken
> Faxes you have received are automatically archived in the Fax Console's
> Inbox and faxes you have sent are archived in the Fax Console's Sent Items
> Folder. You can easily access and save these folders from Windows
> Explorer. The default location of these folders is:
>
> <drive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\
>
> Simply copy their contents into the same folder in a new installation.
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Ken" <allstates[no_spam]air@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> XP Pro SP2
>> Office 2K3
>>
>> Can't remember where the faxes are stored. I had to reinstall the OS,
>> and all apps, but I think I have all my faxes saved somewhere on my
>> external HD. What's the path to where they get stored???
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Ken

The last I looked the Fax Configuration Wizard allows you designate an
alternate location, doe it not?