Modem Compatibility with Win XP Pro

Hello,

I read the posting that said that some modems are incompatible with Windows
XP. I'm just wondering if mine is compatible. I am able to receive faxes but
not send them from my desktop. Can this problem be a compatibilty issue or
did I set the dialing rules incorrectly?

When I try to send a fax, my modem dials and I hear a muffled voice message
and I can't make out what it's saying. I set the TSID and the CSID as my fax
number.

Thanks in advance!
1 answer Last reply
More about modem compatibility

    It could to either. Check the HCL to see if your modem is listed:

    Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx
    Why do my Fax transmissions fail so often?
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/FAQFAX.htm#_Toc88835142

    The "muffled voice" is probably a recorded message complaining about how
    the number was dialed. You need to use Canonical (International) format for
    dialing rules to work:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318575
    Dialing Rules May Not Be Applied to Tools Such as Fax
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=247192
    You Must Enter Telephone Numbers in Canonical Form in Order to Use Dialing
    Rules
    http://www.slipstick.com/config/olphone.htm
    Microsoft Outlook Phone Numbers

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "dimples604" <dimples604@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I read the posting that said that some modems are incompatible with
    > Windows
    > XP. I'm just wondering if mine is compatible. I am able to receive faxes
    > but
    > not send them from my desktop. Can this problem be a compatibilty issue or
    > did I set the dialing rules incorrectly?
    >
    > When I try to send a fax, my modem dials and I hear a muffled voice
    > message
    > and I can't make out what it's saying. I set the TSID and the CSID as my
    > fax
    > number.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

Fax Compatibility Windows XP