Lexmark Z22 ink status monitor - where is it?

Just installed my Lexmark Z22 in Windows XP Pro and don't see the status
monitor feature I had in Windows ME. Is there a way to turn on this
feature? Do I need to download an additional applet? (didn't see one on the
Lexmark site).

Did you install the Z22 using the XP built in drivers or a new set of
software downloaded from the Lexmark website.

The status monitor is part of the printer drivers, not part of XP.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"wingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
> Just installed my Lexmark Z22 in Windows XP Pro and don't see the status
> monitor feature I had in Windows ME. Is there a way to turn on this
> feature? Do I need to download an additional applet? (didn't see one on
> the Lexmark site).

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded and installed the driver from the
Lexmark web site. When installing the printer I selected "have disk", and
kept telling the OS to install the driver when it said it wasn't digitally
signed, etc. The tab for checking ink levels is present in the printer
properties, but there are yellow asterisks over the indicators. Any help
will be appreciated.

> Did you install the Z22 using the XP built in drivers or a new set of
> software downloaded from the Lexmark website.
>
> The status monitor is part of the printer drivers, not part of XP.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "wingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
>> Just installed my Lexmark Z22 in Windows XP Pro and don't see the status
>> monitor feature I had in Windows ME. Is there a way to turn on this
>> feature? Do I need to download an additional applet? (didn't see one on
>> the Lexmark site).

After it tells you they are not digitally signed, click on Continue.