macro command list

I am looking for a complete list of commands for writing legal in game
macros for EQ1

VT master <catmaster05764@yahoo.com> writes:
> I am looking for a complete list of commands for writing legal in game
> macros for EQ1

I'm not sure if it's complete (I don't know if it gets updated automatically),
but in-game you can type "/help normal" and it claims it'll give you a list of
all commands. Actually, it omits some commands, but /help voice, /help chat,
etc. will give you the rest. Type just /help to find the different categories.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 55 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 52 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 20 on E. Marr

thank you for the info Don. I am looking for more indepth info, like
key codes and special characters. I know they are not exactly
advertised by sony.

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:18:29 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>VT master <catmaster05764@yahoo.com> writes:
>> I am looking for a complete list of commands for writing legal in game
>> macros for EQ1
>
>I'm not sure if it's complete (I don't know if it gets updated automatically),
>but in-game you can type "/help normal" and it claims it'll give you a list of
>all commands. Actually, it omits some commands, but /help voice, /help chat,
>etc. will give you the rest. Type just /help to find the different categories.
>
> -- Don.

>-- See the a.g.e/EQ1 FAQ at http://www.iCynic.com/~don/EQ/age.faq.htm

VT master <catmaster05764@yahoo.com> writes:
> thank you for the info Don. I am looking for more indepth info, like
> key codes and special characters. I know they are not exactly
> advertised by sony.

Ah, so not just slash-commands. You mean things like the use of
ctrl-R to designate a linked item in a hotkeyed /auc message?
Yeah, I don't know of any others like that, let alone a full list.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 55 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 52 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 20 on E. Marr

well yeah something like that. What I use to be able to do was use
ctrl z and it would open both my inventory and a bag via hot buttons.
There was a link in a post on my guilds message board but with the
mess caused by the server mergers to zek and the latest patch I lost
the info. my bud has cable versus my dial up so he brought over the
patch. unfortunatly it had his ini's in it to so my client.ini got
overwritten. After that no more ctrl z. think sony may have gotten rid
of the way I use to do it. Thanks again for the info

the hermit of EQ

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:14:33 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>VT master <catmaster05764@yahoo.com> writes:
>> thank you for the info Don. I am looking for more indepth info, like
>> key codes and special characters. I know they are not exactly
>> advertised by sony.
>
>Ah, so not just slash-commands. You mean things like the use of
>ctrl-R to designate a linked item in a hotkeyed /auc message?
>Yeah, I don't know of any others like that, let alone a full list.
>
> -- Don.

>-- See the a.g.e/EQ1 FAQ at http://www.iCynic.com/~don/EQ/age.faq.htm

VT master <catmaster05764@yahoo.com> writes:
> well yeah something like that. What I use to be able to do was use
> ctrl z and it would open both my inventory and a bag via hot buttons.
> There was a link in a post on my guilds message board but with the
> mess caused by the server mergers to zek and the latest patch I lost
> the info. my bud has cable versus my dial up so he brought over the
> patch. unfortunatly it had his ini's in it to so my client.ini got
> overwritten. After that no more ctrl z. think sony may have gotten rid
> of the way I use to do it. Thanks again for the info

Ah. Okay, when you asked about "commands" I thought you meant for
putting in hotkeys. Sounds like you're more wondering what sorts
of actions you can attach to single keystrokes.

You can find that list by opening the Options window and going to
the Keys tab. Select Category: All, and you'll get a long list of
things, and for each of them you can specify up to two keys (or
shift/ctrl/alt + keys) to invoke those actions. If you try to use
a key that's already being used for something else, sometimes it'll
do both, but it might only do one of the effects. (People sometimes
set up the left-arrow key as an alternate for invoking a hotbutton,
as a way to train up foraging or tracking or whatever.)

You can, of course, make a hotkey that opens a bag. Hold down the
left button on the bag to get a hotkey, then drop it in your hotkey
window. I tried setting up the same keypress to do both "toggle
inventory window" and "hot button 2" to see if I could do what you
described (single key to open inventory and a bag), but it didn't
work.

Note that, earlier this year, they added a way to have a single key
open ALL your bags (and another key to close them all). That one
DOES work if you use the same key for it as for your inventory. If
you don't want to open your bags every time, you can use "I" to open
the inventory normally, and have "ctl z" be the alternate key for
both the inventory and opening all the bags.

Hope this helps!