HP Printer Driver Errors

I recently upgraded a customer's computer from ME to XP Pro, SP1. Now, when
I try to add an HP Deskjet 1120C printer, the installer begins to copy the
files, then aborts with an 'Operation Cannot be Completed' error.

The user of the machine is the only one, so he is part of the Administrator
group, and the spooler is working just fine because I was able to add an HP
Laserjet printer.

Now, the kicker is I was able to add a different HP Deskjet printer driver
with no problem, obviously it wasn't the right one, but picking random HP
deskjet drivers, some failed, and only a few worked. My guess is that some
of the 'stock' HP drivers that came with XP are corrupt? Why would I be able
to add one HP deskjet driver and not another?

I suppose I could take time and run the XP repair from the CD, to see if
that works, but I really don't want to bring down his computer again.

Thanks!

Nick

Ensure you uninstall the printer first. If it was left connected during the
upgrade, this often causes corruption of drivers.

After the reboot, use the Add Printer Wizard to install the printer as the
most current drivers are built into XP.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging