Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Guild Wars 2.

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 5, 2012 12:53:48 AM

Well, according to some of the benchmarks for GW2, the GTX 550ti gets 100-120fps on minimum settings @1920x1080, my 560 ti only gives me 70-90 with the latest drivers installed.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz 66 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
VE248 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 33 °C
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) 25 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST c ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

More about : guild wars

September 5, 2012 1:29:30 AM

Yes there seems to be some serious optimization problems, I have seen dozens of threads all saying the same thing. Hoping they will patch soon bc having two 7970s that hold bf3 ultra at 90-140 fps and still dip to 40fps in gw2 @ ultra is just ridiculous.

EDIT: Why play on minimum settings with a 560ti??
m
0
l
September 5, 2012 5:26:14 PM

wow 33C that 560 is not doing anything. Crank the details up to max settings see what you get then. 70 fps is not bad at all
m
0
l
Related resources
September 5, 2012 6:54:21 PM

iyzik said:
Yes there seems to be some serious optimization problems, I have seen dozens of threads all saying the same thing. Hoping they will patch soon bc having two 7970s that hold bf3 ultra at 90-140 fps and still dip to 40fps in gw2 @ ultra is just ridiculous.

EDIT: Why play on minimum settings with a 560ti??



Because, atleast for me, it can't really handle anything else.

m
0
l
September 6, 2012 1:56:06 PM

you're running 70-90 and you're saying your card cannot handle higher detail? do explain
m
0
l
September 6, 2012 8:40:03 PM

AntiZig said:
you're running 70-90 and you're saying your card cannot handle higher detail? do explain


Okay, will do.

When I set Shaders, shadows, post processing, textures and environment on medium, I won't get above 45 fps, sometimes drops to 20's if there's a town nearby (even empty ones).
m
0
l
September 7, 2012 12:24:07 PM

That doesn't make sense... are you sure you're running the game with 560ti over intel HD?

And check if your vram utilization is at 100%, maybe it's hitting the ceiling. Make sure the card is clocked properly under load.

Check that you don't have any settings being forced through nvidia control panel

I don't see how your gpu can be 33C under load
m
0
l
September 7, 2012 11:29:36 PM

AntiZig said:
That doesn't make sense... are you sure you're running the game with 560ti over intel HD?

And check if your vram utilization is at 100%, maybe it's hitting the ceiling. Make sure the card is clocked properly under load.

Check that you don't have any settings being forced through nvidia control panel

I don't see how your gpu can be 33C under load



I don't know if this will help you at all, but here it is anyways. My MSI Kombustor score.

Score: X1484 (38 FPS)
Submitted by wowmanshark (anonymous mode) on September 8 2012, 12:28 am

API 3D: OpenGL 4

Graphics score: 2792 points (53 FPS)
PhysX score: 873 points (43 FPS, CPU PhysX)
Combined score: 871 points (17 FPS)

Duration: 130000 ms
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Anti-aliasing: X0
Window mode: fullscreen

Primary renderer: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version: 4.2.0
Graphics drivers: 9.18.13.602 R306.02 branch r30470-80

Number of GPUs: 1
GPU 0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (10de-1200) - GPU clock: 900 MHz - Mem clock: 2100 MHz - Max GPU temp: 65 °C - Max GPU load: 98 %


CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU speed: 3400 MHz
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit build 7601 Service Pack 1
m
0
l
September 8, 2012 2:37:11 AM

People with good video hardware (such as the response with 2 7970's) that are having dips are usually in scenarios where the dip is CPU related, because GW2 is an MMO and like all other MMO's it relies pretty heavily on the CPU for certain tasks when many people are present. :(  Sadly, it's not terribly well optimized at that task.
m
0
l
September 8, 2012 6:10:15 PM

Took an SS of my GPU usage (99% at 40c)

m
0
l
September 10, 2012 2:52:48 PM

well looking how you got shadows on medium, doesn't look like you're playing on lowest settings. If you wish better fps, run it in full screen, rendering windows and the game takes more toll on the GPU
m
0
l
!