Faxing with Outlook Contacts

March 31, 2005 12:23:02 PM

When I try to fax out of my outlook contacts if puts the () around the area
code and does not use the dailing rules so the fax fails. Does anyone know
any how I would go about making this work? Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 5:49:48 PM

You need to use Canonical (International) format for dialing rules to work:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318575
Dialing Rules May Not Be Applied to Tools Such as Fax
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=247192
You Must Enter Telephone Numbers in Canonical Form in Order to Use Dialing
Rules
http://www.slipstick.com/config/olphone.htm
Microsoft Outlook Phone Numbers

Hal