Sending Fax to Toshiba faxmachines Fails is this a BUG?

When sending faxes (multipage) to Toshiba faxmachines they will Fail after
sending the first page. (msfax returns a Fatal error )

Tested it on multiple PC for sending (XP - prof sp2) with different modems
other fax machines receives the pages in correct order

i've had contact with Toshiba company, the said that after the first page
they recieve 3 times MPS, then the get HANGUP.
Is This a Bug?
7 answers Last reply
More about sending toshiba faxmachines fails

    Probably.
    Whose do you think it is?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    > When sending faxes (multipage) to Toshiba faxmachines they will Fail after
    > sending the first page. (msfax returns a Fatal error )
    >
    > Tested it on multiple PC for sending (XP - prof sp2) with different modems
    > other fax machines receives the pages in correct order
    >
    > i've had contact with Toshiba company, the said that after the first page
    > they recieve 3 times MPS, then the get HANGUP.
    > Is This a Bug?

    Dear Russ,

    Thanks for your anwser, from your reply it is a bug from Toshiba.
    I don't know but when sending a multipage fax from a fax machine to a
    Toshiba machine it works fine.
    I don't know how the responses in the fax protocol are, but is it posible
    to resume sending page data after 3 times MPS?, or that Microsoft contacts
    Toshiba. (i'm nobody to Toshiba)

    Lennard Winkels

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > Probably.
    > Whose do you think it is?
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:EA1142F6-C5F3-4DC8-9137-191121D043E1@microsoft.com...
    > > When sending faxes (multipage) to Toshiba faxmachines they will Fail after
    > > sending the first page. (msfax returns a Fatal error )
    > >
    > > Tested it on multiple PC for sending (XP - prof sp2) with different modems
    > > other fax machines receives the pages in correct order
    > >
    > > i've had contact with Toshiba company, the said that after the first page
    > > they recieve 3 times MPS, then the get HANGUP.
    > > Is This a Bug?

    It depends on the status of the fax after the transmission ends, which you
    can check in the fax console.
    --
    message news:CB1A0CEB-50AB-4F1A-AD38-BBF1159EBACC@microsoft.com...
    > Dear Russ,
    >
    > Thanks for your anwser, from your reply it is a bug from Toshiba.
    > I don't know but when sending a multipage fax from a fax machine to a
    > Toshiba machine it works fine.
    > I don't know how the responses in the fax protocol are, but is it posible
    > to resume sending page data after 3 times MPS?, or that Microsoft contacts
    > Toshiba. (i'm nobody to Toshiba)
    >
    > Lennard Winkels
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> Probably.
    >> Whose do you think it is?
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:EA1142F6-C5F3-4DC8-9137-191121D043E1@microsoft.com...
    >> > When sending faxes (multipage) to Toshiba faxmachines they will Fail
    >> > after
    >> > sending the first page. (msfax returns a Fatal error )
    >> >
    >> > Tested it on multiple PC for sending (XP - prof sp2) with different
    >> > modems
    >> > other fax machines receives the pages in correct order
    >> >
    >> > i've had contact with Toshiba company, the said that after the first
    >> > page
    >> > they recieve 3 times MPS, then the get HANGUP.
    >> > Is This a Bug?

    Russ,
    I get an unrecoverble error
    I'm printing to msFax printer via home made program used your SDK. using
    FAXINITIALLIZEEVENTQUEUE to recieve messages. Last message is FATAL ERROR

    Lennard

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > It depends on the status of the fax after the transmission ends, which you
    > can check in the fax console.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:CB1A0CEB-50AB-4F1A-AD38-BBF1159EBACC@microsoft.com...
    > > Dear Russ,
    > >
    > > Thanks for your anwser, from your reply it is a bug from Toshiba.
    > > I don't know but when sending a multipage fax from a fax machine to a
    > > Toshiba machine it works fine.
    > > I don't know how the responses in the fax protocol are, but is it posible
    > > to resume sending page data after 3 times MPS?, or that Microsoft contacts
    > > Toshiba. (i'm nobody to Toshiba)
    > >
    > > Lennard Winkels
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Probably.
    > >> Whose do you think it is?
    > >> --
    > >> Russ Valentine
    > >> [MVP-Outlook]
    > >> "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > >> message news:EA1142F6-C5F3-4DC8-9137-191121D043E1@microsoft.com...

    Then I would know of no way retransmit automatically.
    --
    message news:36A9FCCD-197D-496A-8F25-E31109CFFF43@microsoft.com...
    > Russ,
    > I get an unrecoverble error
    > I'm printing to msFax printer via home made program used your SDK. using
    > FAXINITIALLIZEEVENTQUEUE to recieve messages. Last message is FATAL ERROR
    >
    > Lennard
    >

    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> It depends on the status of the fax after the transmission ends, which
    >> you
    >> can check in the fax console.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:CB1A0CEB-50AB-4F1A-AD38-BBF1159EBACC@microsoft.com...
    >> > Dear Russ,
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for your anwser, from your reply it is a bug from Toshiba.
    >> > I don't know but when sending a multipage fax from a fax machine to a
    >> > Toshiba machine it works fine.
    >> > I don't know how the responses in the fax protocol are, but is it
    >> > posible
    >> > to resume sending page data after 3 times MPS?, or that Microsoft
    >> > contacts
    >> > Toshiba. (i'm nobody to Toshiba)

    Russ,

    Do you know a way how to solve this? (post a bug at microsoft?)

    Lennard

    No I don't.
    --
    message news:BDD938CA-6A15-442C-BC03-E8135C40D466@microsoft.com...
    > Russ,
    >
    > Do you know a way how to solve this? (post a bug at microsoft?)
    >
    > Lennard
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> Then I would know of no way retransmit automatically.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:36A9FCCD-197D-496A-8F25-E31109CFFF43@microsoft.com...
    >> > Russ,
    >> > I get an unrecoverble error
    >> > I'm printing to msFax printer via home made program used your SDK.
    >> > using
    >> > FAXINITIALLIZEEVENTQUEUE to recieve messages. Last message is FATAL
    >> > ERROR

Fax Bug Toshiba Windows XP