Sending Fax to Toshiba faxmachines Fails is this a BUG?

When sending faxes (multipage) to Toshiba faxmachines they will Fail after
sending the first page. (msfax returns a Fatal error )

Tested it on multiple PC for sending (XP - prof sp2) with different modems
other fax machines receives the pages in correct order

i've had contact with Toshiba company, the said that after the first page
they recieve 3 times MPS, then the get HANGUP.
Is This a Bug?

Probably.
Whose do you think it is?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> When sending faxes (multipage) to Toshiba faxmachines they will Fail after
> sending the first page. (msfax returns a Fatal error )
>
> Tested it on multiple PC for sending (XP - prof sp2) with different modems
> other fax machines receives the pages in correct order
>
> i've had contact with Toshiba company, the said that after the first page
> they recieve 3 times MPS, then the get HANGUP.
> Is This a Bug?

Dear Russ,

Thanks for your anwser, from your reply it is a bug from Toshiba.
I don't know but when sending a multipage fax from a fax machine to a
Toshiba machine it works fine.
I don't know how the responses in the fax protocol are, but is it posible
to resume sending page data after 3 times MPS?, or that Microsoft contacts
Toshiba. (i'm nobody to Toshiba)

Lennard Winkels

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Probably.
> Whose do you think it is?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:EA1142F6-C5F3-4DC8-9137-191121D043E1@microsoft.com...
> > When sending faxes (multipage) to Toshiba faxmachines they will Fail after
> > sending the first page. (msfax returns a Fatal error )
> >
> > Tested it on multiple PC for sending (XP - prof sp2) with different modems
> > other fax machines receives the pages in correct order
> >
> > i've had contact with Toshiba company, the said that after the first page
> > they recieve 3 times MPS, then the get HANGUP.
> > Is This a Bug?

It depends on the status of the fax after the transmission ends, which you
can check in the fax console.
--
message news:CB1A0CEB-50AB-4F1A-AD38-BBF1159EBACC@microsoft.com...
> Dear Russ,
>
> Thanks for your anwser, from your reply it is a bug from Toshiba.
> I don't know but when sending a multipage fax from a fax machine to a
> Toshiba machine it works fine.
> I don't know how the responses in the fax protocol are, but is it posible
> to resume sending page data after 3 times MPS?, or that Microsoft contacts
> Toshiba. (i'm nobody to Toshiba)
>
> Lennard Winkels
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Probably.
>> Whose do you think it is?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:EA1142F6-C5F3-4DC8-9137-191121D043E1@microsoft.com...
>> > When sending faxes (multipage) to Toshiba faxmachines they will Fail
>> > after
>> > sending the first page. (msfax returns a Fatal error )
>> >
>> > Tested it on multiple PC for sending (XP - prof sp2) with different
>> > modems
>> > other fax machines receives the pages in correct order
>> >
>> > i've had contact with Toshiba company, the said that after the first
>> > page
>> > they recieve 3 times MPS, then the get HANGUP.
>> > Is This a Bug?

Russ,
I get an unrecoverble error
I'm printing to msFax printer via home made program used your SDK. using
FAXINITIALLIZEEVENTQUEUE to recieve messages. Last message is FATAL ERROR

Lennard

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> It depends on the status of the fax after the transmission ends, which you
> can check in the fax console.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:CB1A0CEB-50AB-4F1A-AD38-BBF1159EBACC@microsoft.com...
> > Dear Russ,
> >
> > Thanks for your anwser, from your reply it is a bug from Toshiba.
> > I don't know but when sending a multipage fax from a fax machine to a
> > Toshiba machine it works fine.
> > I don't know how the responses in the fax protocol are, but is it posible
> > to resume sending page data after 3 times MPS?, or that Microsoft contacts
> > Toshiba. (i'm nobody to Toshiba)
> >
> > Lennard Winkels
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Probably.
> >> Whose do you think it is?
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:EA1142F6-C5F3-4DC8-9137-191121D043E1@microsoft.com...

Then I would know of no way retransmit automatically.
--
message news:36A9FCCD-197D-496A-8F25-E31109CFFF43@microsoft.com...
> Russ,
> I get an unrecoverble error
> I'm printing to msFax printer via home made program used your SDK. using
> FAXINITIALLIZEEVENTQUEUE to recieve messages. Last message is FATAL ERROR
>
> Lennard
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> It depends on the status of the fax after the transmission ends, which
>> you
>> can check in the fax console.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Lennard Winkels" <LennardWinkels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:CB1A0CEB-50AB-4F1A-AD38-BBF1159EBACC@microsoft.com...
>> > Dear Russ,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your anwser, from your reply it is a bug from Toshiba.
>> > I don't know but when sending a multipage fax from a fax machine to a
>> > Toshiba machine it works fine.
>> > I don't know how the responses in the fax protocol are, but is it
>> > posible
>> > to resume sending page data after 3 times MPS?, or that Microsoft
>> > contacts
>> > Toshiba. (i'm nobody to Toshiba)

Russ,

Do you know a way how to solve this? (post a bug at microsoft?)

Lennard

No I don't.
--
message news:BDD938CA-6A15-442C-BC03-E8135C40D466@microsoft.com...