Using MS WinXP H SP2 Fax tried to send fax.
It goes as far as showing image of fax i try to send when i crick the
corresponding button. I checked registry, service etc, but all seem to be
fine.
No dialing tone is generated (no because the volume is turned off) no usual
dialog box of sending fax comes out.
I checked ivent viewer, but no error there is, related to send fax.
It used to work fine. And I know my modem works(verified it by using other
windows OS).
By the way, the receive fax seems to work because when there is an incoming
call, PC sounds.
Any help? any idea?

"It goes so far as..." doesn't tell us anything.
Clarify how you configured fax, the steps you are using to send and exactly
what happens.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"gounistat" <gounistat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using MS WinXP H SP2 Fax tried to send fax.
> It goes as far as showing image of fax i try to send when i crick the
> corresponding button. I checked registry, service etc, but all seem to be
> fine.
> No dialing tone is generated (no because the volume is turned off) no
> usual
> dialog box of sending fax comes out.
> I checked ivent viewer, but no error there is, related to send fax.
> It used to work fine. And I know my modem works(verified it by using other
> windows OS).
> By the way, the receive fax seems to work because when there is an
> incoming
> call, PC sounds.
> Any help? any idea?

1. Make Fax document by using MSWord.
2. File>Send to>Fax (MSdefault one)
3. Fax wizard starts .... use MS default Fax.
4. OK to dialog box - finished sending document.
5. Send Fax Wizar starts.
6. Put a destination phone number and click next
7. Next again to see Schedule of Send Fax Wizard.
8. Choose "Now" and "Normal" priority.
9. Nothing happens. No error message either. No related message in event
viewer either.
NOTE My system clock is on time updated periodically in regular interval.
Of course phone line is connected in correct slot using corresponding inline
DSL filter for phone.
The thing is apparently in the same condition it had been faxing OK since I
began to use it until recently. NOTICE also as my first post saying the modem
works fine - verified by sending a fax successfully when I use other OS. Then
where else am I supposed to check in my Windows XP H SP2?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "It goes so far as..." doesn't tell us anything.
> Clarify how you configured fax, the steps you are using to send and exactly
> what happens.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]

The fact that the modem worked with "another OS" would not be relevant.
Very few modems work with Windows XP Fax.
Neither does "Send to Fax" from any current version of Office.
You must print to the Fax printer.
--
> 1. Make Fax document by using MSWord.
> 2. File>Send to>Fax (MSdefault one)
> 3. Fax wizard starts .... use MS default Fax.
> 4. OK to dialog box - finished sending document.
> 5. Send Fax Wizar starts.
> 6. Put a destination phone number and click next
> 7. Next again to see Schedule of Send Fax Wizard.
> 8. Choose "Now" and "Normal" priority.
> 9. Nothing happens. No error message either. No related message in event
> viewer either.
> NOTE My system clock is on time updated periodically in regular interval.
> Of course phone line is connected in correct slot using corresponding
> inline
> DSL filter for phone.
> The thing is apparently in the same condition it had been faxing OK since
> began to use it until recently. NOTICE also as my first post saying the
> modem
> works fine - verified by sending a fax successfully when I use other OS.
> Then
> where else am I supposed to check in my Windows XP H SP2?
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> "It goes so far as..." doesn't tell us anything.
>> Clarify how you configured fax, the steps you are using to send and
>> exactly
>> what happens.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> The fact that the modem worked with "another OS" would not be relevant.
OK
> Very few modems work with Windows XP Fax.
OK
> Neither does "Send to Fax" from any current version of Office.
OK
> You must print to the Fax printer.
I said I chose FAX printer. Or is there other thing to do to print by FAX
printer?

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "gounistat" <gounistat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > 1. Make Fax document by using MSWord.
> > 2. File>Send to>Fax (MSdefault one)
> > 3. Fax wizard starts .... use MS default Fax.
> > 4. OK to dialog box - finished sending document.
> > 5. Send Fax Wizar starts.
> > 6. Put a destination phone number and click next
> > 7. Next again to see Schedule of Send Fax Wizard.
> > 8. Choose "Now" and "Normal" priority.
> > 9. Nothing happens. No error message either. No related message in event
> > viewer either.
> > NOTE My system clock is on time updated periodically in regular interval.
> > Of course phone line is connected in correct slot using corresponding
> > inline
> > DSL filter for phone.
> > The thing is apparently in the same condition it had been faxing OK since
> > began to use it until recently. NOTICE also as my first post saying the
> > modem
> > works fine - verified by sending a fax successfully when I use other OS.
> > Then
> > where else am I supposed to check in my Windows XP H SP2?
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> "It goes so far as..." doesn't tell us anything.
> >> Clarify how you configured fax, the steps you are using to send and
> >> exactly
> >> what happens.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]

"Send to Fax" does not work reliably.
Using the Print dialog to Print to the Fax Printer works as long as your
modem is configured correctly.
--

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> The fact that the modem worked with "another OS" would not be relevant.
> OK
>> Very few modems work with Windows XP Fax.
> OK
>> Neither does "Send to Fax" from any current version of Office.
> OK
>> You must print to the Fax printer.
> I said I chose FAX printer. Or is there other thing to do to print by FAX
> printer?
>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "gounistat" <gounistat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > 1. Make Fax document by using MSWord.
>> > 2. File>Send to>Fax (MSdefault one)
>> > 3. Fax wizard starts .... use MS default Fax.
>> > 4. OK to dialog box - finished sending document.
>> > 5. Send Fax Wizar starts.
>> > 6. Put a destination phone number and click next
>> > 7. Next again to see Schedule of Send Fax Wizard.
>> > 8. Choose "Now" and "Normal" priority.
>> > 9. Nothing happens. No error message either. No related message in
>> > event
>> > viewer either.
>> > NOTE My system clock is on time updated periodically in regular
>> > interval.
>> > Of course phone line is connected in correct slot using corresponding
>> > inline
>> > DSL filter for phone.
>> > The thing is apparently in the same condition it had been faxing OK
>> > since
>> > began to use it until recently. NOTICE also as my first post saying the
>> > modem
>> > works fine - verified by sending a fax successfully when I use other
>> > OS.
>> > Then
>> > where else am I supposed to check in my Windows XP H SP2?

Looks like you said...
>By the way, the receive fax seems to work because when there is an incoming
>call, PC sounds.
>Any help? any idea?

For what it's worth, I had a very similar problem with my HP software
not sending Word docs. Everything seemed to be okay, but it would not
break dial tone and send. Called HP, who blamed it on MS. Wrong.

The solution was to completely uninstall and re-install the software
that came with the fax. Now it works fine.

Hope this helps.