Battlefield 3 - stuttering while and shortly after shooting.

Beresford

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hello,

I have this issue that my the game will stutter like crazy when shooting. It is only happening on MP, SP is fine. The strange thing is that it is not an fps issue because I have 60fps when shooting. Otherwise the game runs 100% silky smooth and its a real delight to play. It does not stuttering while aiming down sight only when and shortly after shooting.

Therefore it must be the bullets or the sounds of bullets that is causing the stuttering.

Whether I play the game at Low @ 60fps or High @ 60fps it still stutters while shooting. I've checked with FRAPS and Afterburner and when I shoot the fps does NOT dip at all, a constant 60fps

So why am I getting stuttering when shooting at 60fps? It's like the game slows down to 15fps. This is not the jitteriness caused by recoil, I don't have the problem in SP and I have 100's of hours on my Xbox with BF3 and not had this issue.

I've tried searching the internet with no luck.

Please help.

Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3Ghz Quad Core @ 4.2ghz
Gb (2x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600Mhz
1536MB ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II 782MHz GPU 4050MHz GDDR5
60Gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD Read 525MB s Write 475MB s
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200rpm 32MB Cache
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P Z68 Motherboard
Coolermaster Enforcer Gaming Case
850W Corsair Gold PSU
Samsung Blu-ray Combo Drive
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition x64

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
whats your internet speed like?

it could be your internet/the server you are connecting to

if it is happening in mp and not single and with that high fps its likely to be internet e.g. on yourside or server side

Beresford

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
@ Thor44

I have the latest nvidia drivers 306.02. I did a clean install with driver sweeper before installing them.

I bought BF3 on Origin so I cannot reinstall it would re-downloading 20gb. I've run 'Repair Install' but it hasn't found any problems with my installation. I installed the game to my D drive since the C drive is where I've installed my OS on my SSD.

@ shanky88761

According to speedtest.net I have 9.80mbps down and 1.01 up with 19ms ping. I think this is good for gaming, it is on my Xbox anyway.

Sorry, I was mistaken previously. The problem is the same in single-player and multiplayer. I've seen around the net with other games that this sort of problem is due to the sound of the weapons, so I've went into Device Manager and disabled Intel Display Audio, Nvidia High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio.

Therefore, sound is not the culprit. I've heard that maybe my CPU is not powerful to handle the physics of the bullets when shot but I have a i5-2500k @ 4.2ghz - Could my overclock be the problem?

People with Black Ops had the same issue and they disabled 'Shader Warming' however I cannot find that setting in BF3.