Sims 3 Performance Problems

cadefoster

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
I have always had performance problems with the sims 3 but it seems like it has gotten worse after each update/expansion to the point where it's almost unplayable now. My cpu seems to be maxing out when I run the game which leads me to beleive that's the casue of the poor fps and stuttering I'm having. Thing is, i'm running an i7-870 @3.0gz, surley that should be enough to run the game without any major problems? I have read that the game is very poorly coded but still, I think I should be getting better performance then I am. Thanks to anyone who can offer some advice.
Win 7 64
i7-870 3.0gz
12 gigs ddr3
gtx 560ti

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
does the game kind of hang from time to time but still have motion in trees and small animations? i have the same issue with my sims 3 and im running on a phenom 955, 8gb ddr3 1866, and a hd6950 2GB

there has been no real fix posted on the sims forums either that could find except people sayng to re-install, which takes ages to re-install all the expansions.

my gf's laptop runs steady, even though on lowest setting but doesnt get the stutter issue. im thinking it may have something to do with dedicated video drivers and perhapes a graphic setting.

there is a command you can use to do a quick reset and it makes it run fine for a while

TRENDING THREADS