Printing problems

I have 3 Dell computers with Win XP Pro installed and they are all in the
same workgroup. I have a shared usb Lexmark Z55 printer hooked up to one of
them. When I print from that one I have no problems but when I try to print
from the other two the printer says "printing started" and the freezes the
screen on the computer that it is hooked up to. Can anyone help me!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about printing problems

    Is it correctly installed for all users?
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    >I have 3 Dell computers with Win XP Pro installed and they are all in the
    > same workgroup. I have a shared usb Lexmark Z55 printer hooked up to one
    > of
    > them. When I print from that one I have no problems but when I try to
    > print
    > from the other two the printer says "printing started" and the freezes
    > the
    > screen on the computer that it is hooked up to. Can anyone help me!!!

    Are you on a server, do you switch cables or have a A-B-C cross-over switch?

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Is it correctly installed for all users?
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >
    > In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    >
    > "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have 3 Dell computers with Win XP Pro installed and they are all in the
    > > same workgroup. I have a shared usb Lexmark Z55 printer hooked up to one
    > > of
    > > them. When I print from that one I have no problems but when I try to
    > > print
    > > from the other two the printer says "printing started" and the freezes
    > > the
    > > screen on the computer that it is hooked up to. Can anyone help me!!!

Windows XP