hi.here is my problem. I am running XP with service pack 2. I write greeting
cards as a hobby. when i type a verse in Word 2000, It works fine in
portrait. The problem is,if i type it in landscape and get all the lines in
order with all the first letters of the line vertical beneath each other,it
looks fine in print preview,but when I print it, the text is no longer in
line vertically. some of the text has even wrapped on to the line below.could
someone please tell me if there is a solution to this. In short,text does not
print like the print preview shows
--
thanks a bunch

Has this always been a problem or just since SP2?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Perky" <alperk47@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi.here is my problem. I am running XP with service pack 2. I write
> greeting
> cards as a hobby. when i type a verse in Word 2000, It works fine in
> portrait. The problem is,if i type it in landscape and get all the lines
> in
> order with all the first letters of the line vertical beneath each
> other,it
> looks fine in print preview,but when I print it, the text is no longer in
> line vertically. some of the text has even wrapped on to the line
> below.could
> someone please tell me if there is a solution to this. In short,text does
> not
> print like the print preview shows
> --
> thanks a bunch

Try typing all of the text for the verse in one paragraph. Do not press
enter at the end of each line but use shift enter instead. Next, adjust the
left margin by using Format Paragraph Indentation Left.

There are other ways of doing this and someone else might have a better
method.
e.g. Create a one column, one row table and insert text in that. Insert a
text frame. ...

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Perky" <alperk47@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: hi.here is my problem. I am running XP with service pack 2. I write
greeting
: cards as a hobby. when i type a verse in Word 2000, It works fine in
: portrait. The problem is,if i type it in landscape and get all the lines
in
: order with all the first letters of the line vertical beneath each
other,it
: looks fine in print preview,but when I print it, the text is no longer in
: line vertically. some of the text has even wrapped on to the line
below.could
: someone please tell me if there is a solution to this. In short,text does
not
: print like the print preview shows
: --
: thanks a bunch

hi cari. only since sp2.thanks thomas,I will try what you advise