ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Recently I have been getting hundreds of attempts to access my computer
according to Norton Firewall 2002 this has been caused by "Sokets de trois"
and I get many security alerts per day. I am using an ADSL connection

and there are 700-800 attempts per day. Is this something I should be
concerned about and is it a REAL threat?Also I am running Windows Xp Pro's
firewall in conjunction with Norton's (activated Windows as of yesterday) is
this helpful?/

thanks in advance

Ray

"Ray" <vze2995vnospam@verizon.net> wrote:

> Recently I have been getting hundreds of attempts to access my
> computer according to Norton Firewall 2002 this has been caused by
> "Sokets de trois" and I get many security alerts per day. I am using
> an ADSL connection

Those are just attempts to find out if you have that trojan installed.
If you don't have a static IP, it's quite possible that somebody who had
that IP before you had this trojan, and a script kiddie is now
desperately trying to get its toy back :)

Juergen Nieveler
--
I'm not lost, I'm directionally challenged

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Thanks for the info