Solved

Another "Can I run Crysis 2" thread.

I want to be able to run it at 30 fps consistently.

SPECS:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
GTX 570
1440x900 resolution

I can run Crysis 1 at 30fps, but it stutters often. I heard this runs better than Crysis 1, which was horribly optimized. I'm pretty sure I can run this well, but I'd rather make sure before I buy the game. (Although it's only $10 on Amazon right now!)

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about another crysis thread
  1. Well heres a Tip go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx This will tell you if you can run which game or not, Just select it in the tab. Happy Gaming!
  2. I know about that. I meet the recommended requirements, but I'd like a second opinion. I don't always trust those things. Thanks, though!
  3. Crysis 2 is easier to run than the original, especially if you don't turn on DirectX 11 mode. Your card will definitely handle the game well at such a low resolution. The 570 is meant more for higher resolutions like 1080p. At your resolution, I see no reason why your GTX 570 wouldn't be able to max out the game, with or without DirectX11 features.
  4. Supernova1138 said:
    Crysis 2 is easier to run than the original, especially if you don't turn on DirectX 11 mode. Your card will definitely handle the game well at such a low resolution. The 570 is meant more for higher resolutions like 1080p. At your resolution, I see no reason why your GTX 570 wouldn't be able to max out the game, with or without DirectX11 features.

Okay, just for clarification, I can run this at a consistent 30fps with DX11? Or will it be jittery? I want 30fps minimum.
    Just really making sure, guys.
  5. Best answer selected by scott42.
  6. Best answer
    You'll definitely get 30 FPS minimum at your resolution. Maxed out you'll probably average closer to 50 or 60FPS. 1440x900 is a very low resolution for a GTX 570, so it will have no problems delivering playable framerates at maximum with DX11.
  7. Thanks, everyone!
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Crysis Video Games